I don't want to view soures by other peoples, help me??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't want to view soures by other peoples, help me??

I don't want to view soures by other peoples, help me??

I don't want to view soures by other peoples, help me?? I using phpBB2.04, can I add code to where ?

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Do you mean that you don't want other people to be able to viiew your php source code?

If that is the case I would have thought that other people would not be able to view it without making any changes.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Wow ! I like it , too

I'm beginning to find this thread a little too surreal for me...

kevin85, what do you like too?
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

I have a questions as datahackervn,too ? securing my links when they click right mouse?

Okay, I think I know what we're talking about here - Right click, view source yeah?

I could be wrong, but it is almost impossibe to hide the HTML source unless you do some clever mucking around with javascript - there has been something written on AO about that before, but I can't seem to find it.

However this tutorial may help http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=239611 since it has some info on disabling right click in javascript

However if you are writing in PHP you can't see the PHP source, only the HTML it has created so you shouldn't worry.

In most cases it is perfectly acceptable to have the HTML viewable since this reveals very little which could be a security risk if care is taken in designing the Server Directories and permissions on them.

Why do need to hide the source?

ok ! thank ,

Ninja Code Monkey
    You could attempt to disable view source using javascript. The problem with this however is that they can simply do a view source through the menu, or disable javascript. There is no good way to keep anyone from seeing your html 'source'.....period.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Flash M0nkey
    There is no good way to keep anyone from seeing your html 'source'.....period.
    you can't stop them from viewing it but you can make it so they wont be able to understand it - there is a way of scrambling the html so that the browser can still read and understand it but the average person will have a hell of a time trying to - but I can't remember the address for it >_<

will keep looking and if i come up with it will post it

v_Ln

use the javascript 'unescape' function*(document.write(unescape) together with 'diasble right clicks'.
    This will prevent 'novice' users to view your source.
    To really prevent users to see what takes place you need some sort of server side scripting.
    They will still be able to view to html source however no mather what precautions you take.