Thread: What my Mail Server has been filtering.

T3h Ch3F

What my Mail Server has been filtering.

Greetings all. I use "Webservio Mail" as part of my Website. The server filters out a great deal of infected E-Mails, I have it configured to send me a PM, everytime I receive an infected file. Yestarday i received 42 PM's annoying yes, yet less annoying than a Virus.

Today it was 32 PM's, I finally pulled the logs, for the offending messages.

They all displayed the now well known Worm Sinatures, "RE: You are approved, RE: About that movie, RE: Your momma is locked in my basement.....................Ect.

Just a warning they are originated form a well known french ISP.

http://www.wanadoo.fr/

Just be aware.

P:

Nothing against the French, just some personal experience.

Banned
    You can't just setup your filters to simply delete all emails with exacutable attachments like pif, com, exe, maybe scripts like vbs, js, ws, and (ect)??? There are alot of mail servers that are doing that now days esspecially after sobig spaming happend. Keep your AV and anti-trojan/ad/spyware up to date... and normally I would contact peaple... I could help with other languages hummm... but with these guys being french and all I'd suggest useing babble-fish or some other type of translator to help. (No offense to them)... its just that im a arrogant american that's all.

Hummm... other than that theres almost nothing you can do except block, filter, & fight off the never ending spam like everyone else does.

sobig would also heavely spam peaple and gave various false info & things I beleave... only I heard sobig could spam much worse than just 30 or 40 emails here and there though.

T3h Ch3F

Good Point

Spec Wrote:

" You can't just setup your filters to simply delete all emails with exacutable attachments like pif, com, exe, maybe scripts like vbs, js, ws, and (ect). "

Point well taken. I just thought it was interesting how the source was present in all of the Infected Mails in a 48 Hour period. It just brings home the fact how small cyberspace really is.

P:

According to Mcafee, there are no viruses in China or Russia, or many other places. LOL

http://mastdb3.mcafee.com/VirusMap3....ft=PNG&lang=en

Ya ok......................