Thread: APs and Pop-up Blocker.

APs and Pop-up Blocker.

Unless I hold down the appropriate key for my pop-up blocker software to allow the box to appear, the pop-up blocker does it's job and kills the pop-up. But if I make another attempt to assign APs I receive the "Must spread around your AP points" message.

So I'm just wondering, when I screw up and forget to hold down the allow pop-up button, am I assigning positive or negative APs?

well either way... the pop-up gives you the option to select positive or negative... so you won't be giving any points if you don't hold down that key.

Then why am I unable to assign AP's immediately afterwards to the same individual, when the original attempt was blocked by the pop-up blocker?
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

it's because the antipoint system prevents you from assigning points (again)
    to the same individual.. you have to assign points elsewhere first..

JP designed the sysytem that way to protect it from abuse from a member who
    wants to slant things in certain directions.

I'm sure it's in the FAQ's somewhere.. sometimes a simple search of the forum postings yield the answers that were asked and answered before..

http://www.antionline.com/search.php?s=

Yes! That leads back to my original situation, which I could have explained better,. When I have a moronic episode and forget to disable the pop-up blocker software on my system, the AP box is automically blocked, but I cannot disable the pop-up blocker, reclick on the link, and assign AP's to the original individual, to whom I intended to assign points, because of the "spread around your points message". So the question is am I actually assigning Aps, and if so are they Pos or Neg? If no points are being assigned then can we confirm this as a legitimate bug and include the post in the FAQ's?

I searched throug the posts and found indications that APs are probably not being assigned unless a radio button and submit are selected. So at least i am not sending unintentional Neg APs. But if no APs are assigned then why do I receive the error message in question?

Running around in circles is so much fun.

Thanks for the link sumdumguy

ahhhh.. i understand better now.. I think..

if you get that message.. spread around your points.. after you done it once, even though you think it didn't go thru.. it did.. you can check your last 10 assignments along with the last ten AP's recieved thru your antipoint center.. if it's in there, then they were assigned.. http://www.antionline.com/member2.ph...ntipointcenter
    you'll also find that link on the left side of the front page.

and I don't remember but I think you have to assign points to at least
    3 other members before you can give that same person points.
    (someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

so really the problem is with the popup stopper app you're using.
    and it objects to the second portion of the AP assignment box.
    which popup app are you using ? maybe time to try another.