Thread: Let's Tweak Some

Let's Tweak Some

I am simply amused at the recent DCOMM worm, after a year off as a net admin I after some 20 years into computers figured out I had a life beyond them. So a few days into things and knowing about the Dcomm was a usual M$ patch installed. All this talk about an OS being like a car because they are so complex things. M$ is closer to an inner Tube of a tire think about it get a flat the car better not move and like a tire tube each year we gotta install the latest patch to the tube or car tire to keep it moving. Look at a 50's cartoon and that tube with it's X patches to hold air how much longer can M$ hold air? Fact is Bill farts his OS is full of holes and it base is in a contracted OS made in a weekend...Geez now I know why I have a life, the patch will be installed during my working hours and I'll not stress and run in as soon as I hear about it. Opps gotta go I hear air leaking out of My OS M$ gotta get a patch what is the number this year? And nope MSBlaster never touched me

OK I'm still laughing at all the new threads it hit the news LOL
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

nope. blaster never touched me either. oh well. seems some people get hit harder than others. at any rate, it was a funny message. poor billy gates. lol. gonna have to fix it. prolly doesnt think too hard about the money at this point. patch cant have cost that much just to make more public. just as other virii before, patch was out for a while anyhow.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

Hell never mind the OS (tire Patch Heaven) the tube can be used by the kidz later in the pond beyond the hill in the XP splash screen.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

hahaha... no matter how long it's been there, it's just hitting really hard right now, lots of peeps got their hands on it

Hmm, I havnt been online in about a month with a Windows box...Considering this only has Slackware installed I dont think I have to worry about the blaster worm.