Thread: Windows folder blank

Windows folder blank

Hi, I'm running windows 2000 pro, and whenever I start up my computer, everything will work fine for maybe a couple of minutes, but then my WINNT folder will be completely blank. At the bottom of the folder it shows me the number of items and space that is being taken up, but it shows absolutely nothing within the window itself. Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ummm...do you have "do not show hidden files and folders" checked in your folder view options?

If so then open a folder, click on tools. Then click on view and choose "show hidden files and folders"

And there is another one that says 'Display operating System files' (or similar)

prolly your computer is slow and/or there's too many things runnin at once. Also, is it blank as in white or gray?

Yeah, I already have some of those options checked, but when I start my computer, I am able to access the folder and everything is shown, then after awhile if I try to go into it again, absolutely nothing comes up. It just opens the folder, but nothing is shown in it. At about the same time, I can't access java stuff and I am no longer able to check my hotmail e-mail account. The only way I can fix it is to restart the computer, but the same problem happens again after a short time.

Banned
    Post your computer's specs...

Hi there,

You missed you computer specs. Check out the following file it may be corrupt
    c:\winnt\folder.htt.
    Delete it and recustomize the folder

Is the whole computer basically freezing and are you patched for MSBlast?
    Before I patched, I was having similar problems. I didn't get infected, but when the worm was trying to compromise the system it was bringing my system to almost a halt. I could open up folders but nothing would show in them. After patching everything was back to normal.

Cheers

that sounds really annoying... I am wondering, is there a busy mouse cursor when you hover over the whitespace where the folders and files would usually show?
    [gloworange]\"I think I could, if I only knew how to begin.\" -Lewis Carrol[/gloworange]
    Hackerslab FreeHackingZone Wargame Status: Lvl 3
    www.hdcwargame.comHDC wargame Status: Level 12