Thread: java virtual machine

java virtual machine

Hi, I have always used the java web start and virtual machine made by Sun. I never dowloaded the one from MS. I just installed Visual Studio, and it forced me to install the virtual machine from MS and now its the default for my browser. How can I make the JVM from Sun default again? Are there any difference between this two? Even if there is no difference I would still prefer to use the one made by Sun.

thanks

Have you tried using the Java Plug in item in the control panel that gets installed along with Sun JVM to set it as the default in your browsers.

At least I know it installs along with SDK, not sure if it comes with th JRE

There is a difference, the one from sun is always up-to-date as the one from Microsoft doesn't support the latest Java version. I don't know how to change the default VM back to sun, but maybe if you uninstall the one from sun, then download it again and reïnstall. Before you consider this read other responses first please. I once had that problem too, I found some html code that uses an object instead of applet tag so the Sun plugin was used.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Re: java virtual machine

Originally posted here by johnnymier
    Hi, I have always used the java web start and virtual machine made by Sun. I never dowloaded the one from MS. I just installed Visual Studio, and it forced me to install the virtual machine from MS and now its the default for my browser. How can I make the JVM from Sun default again? Are there any difference between this two? Even if there is no difference I would still prefer to use the one made by Sun.

thanks

Have you tried reinstalling the Java apps. from Sun? I was thinking that the installation of that would ask if you want to use the Sun apps. as the default for IE. Maybe not, but it's worth a shot...

on windows xp ,

u can change it by going into

start > programs > Set Program Access and Defaults
    or
    start>control panel >add/remove > Set Program Access and Defaults

Then pick custom then scroll down and look for

choose a defualt virtual manchine for java..should let u pick MS Or sun,

WIN2k should been the same.
    win9x aint got a clue

hope that helps
    \"it is better to stay silent and appear stupid then to speak and remove all doubt\"