GNU FTP sever compromised

Thread: GNU FTP sever compromised

GNU FTP sever compromised

well this news hits slashdot...
    i dont have any details except for this
    but any1 going for a download from there is adviced to hold on for a few days until originals are restored.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Very clever of the attackers to use all the talk about the blaster worm to let this slip by unnotified.
    Anyways, not only am I bumping this thread, I actually got an addition to it.
    The Computer Emergency Response Team ( has released an advisory regarding this compromise.
    It can be found at the following url:

People just have no shame nowadays , Hacking a non profit organization who has helped the computer community for so many years ,giving so much and asking so little. The person(s) who did it should be ashamed of themselves. (And be forced to use windows ME for the rest of there life)
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

GNU hacked

Originally posted here by lumpyporridge
    The person(s) who did it should be ashamed of themselves. (And be forced to use windows ME for the rest of there life)

Damn, thats harsh... I wouldnt wish that on anyone.... :P

Yeah, dis'in the GNU by cracking it like that is like, I dunno, beating up the grandpa across the street that always has candy and good stories to tell when you visit for no good reason... and then cleaning out his house... (couldnt think of anything else, its really early and Ive been up all night again... )

[gloworange]\"I think I could, if I only knew how to begin.\" -Lewis Carrol[/gloworange]
    Hackerslab FreeHackingZone Wargame Status: Lvl 3
    www.hdcwargame.comHDC wargame Status: Level 12