Thread: Help needed with USB2.0

Help needed with USB2.0

Hey i bought a USB 2.0 PCI card made by IOGEAR from Fry's. Anyways i tried to put it into my computer but one of the sides sticks out way to much. Anyways, i just used a longer screw to hold it into place. Also, the card doesnt go all the way into the PCI card port in the computer (i think thats what they call it, i am a newbie when it comes to comp hardware). Anyways, when i turn on my computer at startup (i am running win xp), i dont get any messages saying "New hardware found". Anyways i am a newbie and any help would be greatly appriciated...thanks
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

sometimes... you really have to make sure you've pushed the hardware in far enough.... and it might be a little difficult. When I installed some extra RAM on my computer last year, I remember having to push pretty damn hard. That might also explain why it is sticking out... just a thought.

Yeah like plastic said the card has to be seated. Since it is not seated properly, your computer will not recognize it.

When You say one of the sides sticks out do you mean its to close to another card, or you can't get the whole thing to fit inside the slot? Don't be afraid to give some force to the card when you put it it.
    =

Originally posted here by cheyenne1212
    Don't be afraid to give some force to the card when you put it it.
    exactly!

ist ok if it sticks out too much, just make sure you have it in the right slot and push it in a little harder. sometimes they give you a hard time to get in.

Like the rest said push it in a little harder. if it doesnt seem to be sitting right then it most probably is not sitting right. Some part of it could be caught on another part of the system. U might want to check on that before u try pushing it in again. Or you could try another slot as there could be something blocking that slot from having the card all the way in.

ok, sounds good, ill push it with a little bit more force. thanks for the help everyone
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box