Thread: best tcp/ip book?

best tcp/ip book?

Hey,

I was wondering what the best book on tcp/ip is? I've started reading some but they were more like bed time books than interesting computer books. Can anyone suggest a book that is informative and interesting?

TCP/IP illustrated

>>I've started reading some but they were more like bed time books than interesting computer books.

Which books were these? The authors must be made aware. TCP/IP is quite a fascinateing topic try the following link:

http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/121/01/toc.html

Well there is probably better , but i had pretty good luck with Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 hours. I thought it was a great book , because it illustrates every layer of the osi model and it generally teaches you a very lot about networking. Good Luck..
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

I agree with cerveza. There is no series of books better than TCP Illustrated Volume 1, 2, 3. These books have been around a long time and are excellent reads if you want to learn TCP/IP in and out and ways to program with it. They are considered by many to be a bible for tcp/ip. I have one of the original volumes, so not sure if its been updates, but in my volumes the programming discussions are based around the Unix Socket architecture. Not sure if they go into Winsock in the new editions.

I learned from a mcse certification book I borrowed from my uncle. (I love free stuff ) If you don't want to pay anything to learn it, there are some web sites out there. Try googling it. I found a place where you can download a book here: http://docs.sun.com/db/doc/802-5753?...ers%22&a=load.

Check out this site www.learntcpip.com

Thanks everybody!!!!

I was reading TCP-IP in 14 Days, but it was SO BORING!!! I started reading TCP/IP illustrated and it was interesting and not a bore, but I just wanted to know all the options from the professionals. I am also gonna checkout the 21 days thing. I know people look down on it but I learned C++ that way.

Thanks again for all your help