Thread: Difference between remotely anywhere and a trojan?

Difference between remotely anywhere and a trojan?

I am confused about the working of a software called 'remotely anywhere' .

Well, I was reading a tutorial related to trojans the other day, where the author said that remotely anywhere can be used as a trojan but this software is not termed as a trojan.

Can anyone explain to me that how this software works. I am of the opinion that this software consists of an exe file upon which you can handle your pc from anywhere around the world. But what if a person sends this file to infect someone else's computer and gain the access of victim's box by controlling the exe file from 'remotelyanywhere' website.

I am all confused about this. Any kind of guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Beware Clarity! A person talking to you in clear language is clearly using obsolete ideas.

Still seeking to gain entrance into Troy, clever Odysseus (some say with the aid of Athena) ordered a large wooden horse to be built. Its insides were to be hollow so that soldiers could hide within it.

Once the statue had been built by the artist Epeius, a number of the Greek warriors, along with Odysseus, climbed inside. The rest of the Greek fleet sailed away, so as to deceive the Trojans.

One man, Sinon, was left behind. When the Trojans came to marvel at the huge creation, Sinon pretended to be angry with the Greeks, stating that they had deserted him. He assured the Trojans that the wooden horse was safe and would bring luck to the Trojans.

Only two people, Laocoon and Cassandra, spoke out against the horse, but they were ignored. The Trojans celebrated what they thought was their victory, and dragged the wooden horse into Troy.

That night, after most of Troy was asleep or in a drunken stupor, Sinon let the Greek warriors out from the horse, and they slaughtered the Trojans. Priam was killed as he huddled by Zeus' altar and Cassandra was pulled from the statue of Athena and raped.
    http://www.stanford.edu/~plomio/history.html

A Trojan Horse is some evil software in disguise. The ancient lesson from the Trojan
    Horse was the quote "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts", so a trojan is often
    disguised as a gift, free software, Free naked pics of Britney Spears. I have argued
    before that a trojan does not necessarily have to be a remote access tool, but
    any malicious software that you are decieved into activating.

To most people a trojan is a remote access tool or back door in to someone's
    computer, installed without their knowledge or consent.

If you have legitimate reason to access a computer remotely, it is not a trojan horse.
    The remote access software is installed with your knowledge and consent,
    and accessed only by a password set by you.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

experiment and u will learn........try using the software.not only this one but many others can be used in similar fashion
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;