Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: virus

sure nihil i write it by myself....... it's only that i don't make the sentences as well........

Hi jeralker,

Here is a site that explains a lot of security issues and related terminology:

www.iesromerovargas.net/sol/22cortafuego.htm

It is in Spanish, which might help, particularly as it will point to software that can be installed in the Spanish language!

I once beta tested a Peruvian AV product..............your English is much better than my Spanish, so you can imagine what fun I had

Cheers

johno please i want to learn english and you give me pages in spanish so i can stand the english if you give me pages in sapanish ................ ok thank for all jhon see you

it's the effect of this action................... the virus now are afectin more than 240000 computers and a lot of security sistem................. i'm still thinking that it's an inhuman act. isn't it?
    your answer are realy valuable

This isn't a reply so much as a question. I feel slightly less than intelligent to ask this but my computer seems to have the flu and although I detected 2 viruses with AVG and removed them, the problems persist. It's slow, freezes, refuses to open programs, won't shut off, makes strange continuous noises, etc. I have xp and it's a fairly new Dell and it is driving me crazy. I am constantly having to shut down manually (I know this is bad) but it won't shut down on command and when the noise starts, it's enough to make me pull my hair out. Anyway, I noticed when I start up that I receive messages about TFTP files that my pc doesn't recognize. Can I delete them? Also, when AVG caught the viruses, it gave me only one option and that was to remove the infected files. I know one virus was titled "worm" something or other so I imagine it was related to the blaster virus as we were hit at my office and some of the newer pcs acted in a similar way. We ran a patch off of Symantec's site but it seemed to slow the pcs down more and so I'm hesitant to run it on my home pc. I guess I should... Anyway, if it is the blaster virus, do you know which files it usually infects? How do I replace this file(s) if whatever it is will help the performance of my PC?? Thanks for any help! Have a great weekend!

It sure looks like MsBlaster

You can find more info here:

http://www.gfi.com/news/en/msblaster.htm

If I were you I would run that tool : http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

and

apply Microsoft's patch MS03-026 A.S.A.P.

I don't use XP but it seems the following is important :

System Restore option in Windows XP
    Users of Windows XP should temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows XP uses this feature, which is enabled by default, to restore the files on your computer in case they become damaged. If a virus, worm, or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm, or Trojan on the computer.

Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools cannot remove threats in the System Restore folder. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other locations.

Also, in some cases, online scanners may detect a threat in the System Restore folder even though you scanned your computer with an antivirus program and did not find any infected files.

Good luck!
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]