Do you believe in Athiests?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Athiests?

Old Fart

Do you believe in Atheists?

I don't....honestly. I believe that if you took an "atheist" to the top of a twenty story building and threw them off that they would cry out for God, Allah, Budda or some deity to save them. The one problem is that I have yet to find an "atheist" whose beliefs in atheism are firm enough to help me prove this theory....any takers out there?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

yes... i am atheist... and i wouldn't cry out for help from some higher being

I'll grab the rope allen if you bring the duc tape.

Then on the count of three we'll throw him off a building and see what he says lol

I tend to think that an atheist would cry out for some higher being to save them given a situation that you presented. I think that they would do in hopes of one of these people being true.
    =

there isn't anything wrong with being atheist, it doesn't mean anything bad.. I just don't believe in a higher being.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    There's a lot of "pious, religious" people out there who are unethical and don't follow the Golden Rule. If someone chooses not to believe in a higher being and they truly treat their fellow beings in an ethical, humane way would they be "evil"? Maybe instead of feeling responsible to a higher being, that person feels responsible to the greater good of society or the earth.

I choose to believe in a higher authority, that makes me no greater or lesser than someone who doesn't.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Isnt it hilarious that the atheist are always fighting against a God that they don't even believe exist??

I believe that if you took an "atheist" to the top of a twenty story building and threw them off that they would cry out for God, Allah, Budda or some deity to save them.
    I could'nt agree more with this statement!

_____

On a side note, this one verse comes to mind when i think about those who are so adamant about there being no God:

Ps. 14: 1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Good thing Jesus offers everyone a way out, God knows i need it.

in no way do i disagree with the good morals of religion, and the great views they have on things... but when it comes to whether or not i truly, TRULY believe there is a higher being... i do not believe it

Isnt it hilarious that the atheist are always fighting against a God that they don't even believe exist??
    I know, I mean if it's supposedly not real, why does it seem like some of them get so offended when I go to school wearing my cross necklace? I mean come on give me a break! I had one moron come up to me in school and tell me that he didn't appreciate me pushing my religious ideals on him by wearing my necklace to school...

...well, he got shut down, very, very, quickly...

Couldn't agree more Frame, and cheyenne1212 I got your ducktape, heh heh, that would be an interesting experiment.

"In god we trust"

--Peace
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

Wow I love how quickly the true "chistian" ideals and values come out with you clowns."Lets kill all the infadels." You guys would make the Talaban proud.

One more shineing example of why I am glade we have a seperation of church and state.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Banned

Re: Do you believe in Atheists?

Originally posted here by allenb1963
    I don't....honestly. I believe that if you took an "atheist" to the top of a twenty story building and threw them off that they would cry out for God, Allah, Budda or some deity to save them. The one problem is that I have yet to find an "atheist" whose beliefs in atheism are firm enough to help me prove this theory....any takers out there?
    I'm an athiest and thats complete bullshit.. no, I'm not going to jump off a building to prove that I'm not going to say "God" or something like that when I'm falling to my death. But its the same thing all around, I bet you won't jump off a building to prove to me that there is a heaven either, huh smartass? Come on, I'll take you up on that..

I may not believe in some super-being sitting up in a cloud but I have common sense.. saying "Oh my god!!!" is also a common expression of shock or suprise... so even if I were falling to my death and I did say something like "Oh my god!!!", it would mean completely nothing...

And before you go on and tell me about your great Bible or Koran... do one thing.. prove to me that there is a God! Thats all I ask.. some solid proof... you do that, I'll gladly take you up on your suicide jump offer..

jag291