Thread: Modified version of Windows MBLASTER worm has started circulating

Modified version of Windows MBLASTER worm has started circulating

this is as per : http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...588496926.html
    i expected this a long back.......right from 12th Aug
    anyhow
    Kaspersky said in technical terms the new worm was more or less a copy of the original. "Slight changes have been made only to the appearance of the worm: a new name for the main file (TEEKIDS.EXE instead of MSBLAST.EXE), a different method of code compression (FSG instead of UPX), and new "copyright" strings in the body of the worm abusing Microsoft and anti-virus developers," it said.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

sorry Negetive for a new thread but.....i think this deserves this.
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

thanks dude for ur info

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Hi...

I was speaking to someone in chat, who had similar probs, he runs winXP. He said that he could not find the MSBLAST.exe where it was supposed to 'roam', but instead he found NEWBOOT.exe !!

After a reboot he claimed that there were many error messages up booting up the system. Im sorry i cant give out more info, i wasnt paying much attention to that conversation in chat. Possibly another variant?

Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"