Thread: Ad-aware MBLASTER update

Ad-aware MBLASTER update

Hi Folks,

Lavasoft have just released an update (13.08.2003) that detects MSBLASTER and some others. Might be an idea to get it and run it BEFORE the 16th. ?...............I have personally had around 500 hits on port 135, so there must be a lot of infected boxes out there (damn...there go 2 more!)

Let's see if we can kill this thing before d-day?

Cheers

did u look around (search) the site for RPC/DCOM MBALSTER....u will have pleny of info...lokk aroubnd b4 posting
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

I'm pretty sure he's posting this becuase it's an alternative to other solutions advised in other threads such as patches and virus scans. Its nice to know you have more then one option for problems like these.
    Ron Paul: Hope for America
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

QUOTE: 'did u look around (search) the site for RPC/DCOM MBALSTER....u will have pleny of info...lokk aroubnd b4 posting'

Yes, I did.............and took the decision to post anyway..................I had already posted the AD-aware update of 8th. August, so it would have been as foolish to edit that, as people would think "bin there..done that" and ignore it. Also, they usually only update every 3-4 weeks..this was 5 days!

The software that I refer to is quite well used by guests/members, so I felt that they should know about it.........my post was within 24 hours of the release?..........I now have 20.34 hours local time on 14th of August.............there is NOT much time left!

AD Aware will run in a few minutes...you can run it on start or shutdown of your Net Session................all the AV "solutions" have to be downloaded and run............an AV can take up to 3 hours to run............people may not bother?....they might with Ad-aware?

I have been following this thread, and it now extends into many pages...It would be foolish to add a comment to a thread that long............I notice that you, yourself have created a new thread to the MBLASTER debate..............your reason was that there is a new variant...........I think that you did the correct thing.............Iwas faced with a similar problem with this particular software....my post was not about the threat as such, just a new software update that addressed it.

I can see that we (AO) have a problem with cross- referencing.....our threads seem to be totally "vertical"?...I will give this some thought.........anyone got any bright ideas?

Cheers

Johnno

BTW....the new release found 2 other "bad guys" the 8th. August one did not