help!!!

Thread: help!!!

help!!!

Hello there!

I,m doing my diploma course ,and for the pass this moduel I have to create this bacth file.
    I would be grateful if anyone could give me a bit of help!

Create a batch file that will scan a network and identify all the NIC cars mac addresses. The Batch file will then produce a file(s) documenting each NIC card by manufacturer.
    Requirements:

1. Program design(flow chart)
    2. Source code

Thanx!!

Not to be rude or anything... but I don't think anyone is going to do your homework for you. If you can't do the assignment... you shouldn't pass the class. If someone does it for you... what do you learn?

If you were to work on it and get stuck, then post what you have and someone will be able to help you figure out why it won't work.

You should do your flowchart first, so you know what you want it to do... and in the order it needs to operate. Then start writing the batch file.

There are TONS of resources for batch files... I've only posted one link that contains TONS more links that should be able to help you get started. There are plenty of batch files in these links... and some that have to do with networking. Pull them apart and see what you can use, or use them for an example. Or... just start from scratch and come back when you need more help.

http://web2.iadfw.net/oscar10/c/link...batch%20files/

I'm not sure what you know.. but if you need to find the MAC look either locally (which won't do you much good with your project) or use nbtstat or possibly arp.

Example:

C:\Documents and Settings\lamer>nbtstat -a 192.168.0.12

Local Area Connection:
    Node IpAddress: [192.168.0.12] Scope Id: []

NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table

Name Type Status
    ---------------------------------------------
    LAMER <00> UNIQUE Registered
    DOMAIN <00> GROUP Registered

MAC Address = 00-03-47-DB-D0-F7
    Now, this will only work if the machines are all on and they have netbios enabled.

To make this a bit faster.. you can use something like nbtscan and incorporate that with your batch file (if you are allowed). That will take away a buch of the "code" for you. Output that to a file and then filter out all of the MAC addresses. Then sort them to another file.

There are several ways to do this... and this could only be one way. I just thought about it for a quick second... so I may not be correct and I didn't test anything else except for the nbtstat and nbtscan.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I mean to be rude... well kind of.

This is (at least) the second thread you've posted asking the same thing. This is frowned upon here. Ask your question once and wait for an answer. I suggest you ask a Mod to delete this post before people start negging you out the wazoo (hehe.. always wanted to use that word in a sentance). Anyways you got lots of good replies in the other thread and here from phishphreek80.
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

HTRegz: I didn't see his other posts, or I wouldn't have bothered answering. They said everything I did in the other thread... ah well... waste of time.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.