Thread: w32blaster worm HELP!

w32blaster worm HELP!

ok i have called retarded sympatico they are bull and didn't help. i called a tech support local business they sent me a dead link so now i am coming to the pro's...

i have the w32blaster worm and i need it gone. any help?
    SLACKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE....TOMMOROW!

OK, try HERE mate. The link contains information on how to removel the virus, along with a removal tool.

Good Luck

Cheers:
    DjM

well the tool link is dead. any other suggestions i tried to download the microsoft patch but it didn't work and timed out.
    SLACKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE....TOMMOROW!

Works fine for me. Here's the URL

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

If this doesn't work, try and cut & paste it into a new browser window.

Cheers:
    DjM

Yep, works here too - maybe you just hit the Symantec site when it was busy? Anyhow, the correct links are posted...
    - Maverick

It's a gas!
    What Version of windows are you using?
    Heres the removal tool, just run it then go HERE and download the relevant patch

On August 11th, 2003 Microsoft began investigating a report of a worm, known as W32.Blaster.Worm, that exploits the vulnerability addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026. Microsoft released this critical security bulletin and corresponding patch for Windows operating systems on July 16th, 2003. While some users may not notice the presence of the worm infection at all on their computer systems, typical symptoms may include Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 systems rebooting every few minutes without user input or Windows NT4 and Windows 2000 systems becoming unresponsive.

f you applied security patch MS03-026 prior to the discovery of the Blaster worm, your system is secure from the vulnerability that W32.Blaster is using.

For more information on W32.Blaster.Worm, please go to the following web link:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tre.../msblaster.asp

Good Luck

If u can dream it, u can do it.

If you are running Windoze..........

You might try downloading Ad-Aware 6.0 and the latest update, and running that. If you are not tekkie windoze wise, it is probably the quickest and most straightforward solution.

Cheers