Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new to sucurity

yea its not me to flame people and thats not what this is :-D

i think your gonna progress a lot quicker if you learn to spell, theres even a bloody speel checker included with AO forums,

im not the greatest speller in the world, but it would help you when you search the t'internet if you could spell sucurity correctly (little tip for you, replace one of the letters with an "e")

i2c

(ps: - 10 points for each spelling mistake, and yes i know i spelt words inccorectly in my post, i did it on purpose)

Originally posted here by steve.milner

Perhaps folks are reading tutorials along the lines of the 'how to war drive' and are assuming that it's reasonable to post questions asking for this kind of thing.
    Or maybe its the fact that Antionline.com is the 6th result down in Google when you search for hackers.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    Description: Follows hacker culture and provides news and views on computer security. Detested by most hackers.

cant they take 4 second out of their "busy" lives and read the description ....

Originally posted here by CXGJarrod

Or maybe its the fact that Antionline.com is the 6th result down in Google when you search for hackers.
    i'm guessing the first five just sucked.

if they look up h4x0rz, they get a bunch of weblogs from people like unix-girl, etc. because that's all truly 1337 h4x0rz do anyway - blog and play quake. :|

sorry for any quake fans out here.

I'm still convinced that people want to be hackers because
    1) it will get them guys/girls
    2) it will get them money or free stuff
    3) they will become popular
    4) people will actually call them by their "handle" (zero cool, lord nikon, etc.)
    5) they saw the movie with the above listed handles, or other movies like swordfish, sneakers, etc. or *the net* - hacking with macs. oh it must be a true story....

what learning about security really gets you:
    1) less time to spend with your current girl/guy
    2) you end up spending more money on the latest products so that you can test them and actually know about them. sometimes this works out to a job that pays more money, but that's part 4
    3) you'll lose contact with most of your non-computer friends... 'who needs those lusers anyway?"
    4) people will probably forget your real name, and make one up for you. or - my favorite - they'll call you by the old IT guy's name. like it's too hard to learn a new one.
    5) a job where you get the wonderful opportunity to stay late, never see direct sunlight, get carpal tunnel, and blamed for anything in your office that happens to remotely involve a computer doing something someone doesn't want it to. - i've personally been cussed out because one of my users didn't like the way that the driver for the laser printer worked....
    6) the realization that no matter how many degrees/certs/whatever you have, you're probably still out of date. and probably always will be. things change so fast, you'll end up spending more time just trying to be not too far behind.

anything i'm forgetting to add?
    i\'m starting to think that i\'m bound to always be the first guy on the second page of the thread.

It is common knowledge that AO is dying, It is perhaps anybody's guess as to which AO forum is the worst off of an admittedly suffering AO community. The numbers continue to decline for AO but the front page may be hurting the most. Look at the lack of sensible answers The loss almost all brilliant members , for it continues in a head spinning downward spiral.

The side bar states that there are 35 users of AO How many users of AO are there? Let's see. The number of postwhores continues to rise , The number of "I am to good and uber elite to answer your question" continues to build. New members are brow beaten by the holier than thou for no reason other than a non perfect question.The number of lamers whining about others spelling while mis spelling themselves continues to rise. A recent article put AO at about 5 percent of the security forums market. Therefore there are very few intelligent answers left at AO. This is consistent with the number of "I am cool you are newbie who deserves to be insulted" posts.

All major marketing surveys show that AO has steadily declined in market share. AO is extremely sick and its long term survival prospects are very dim. If AO is to survive at all it will be among lamers who answer questions whith insults because they can't even answer a simple question themselves. In truth, for all practical purposes AO is already dead. It is a dead man walking.Are their enough intelligent members left to give mouth to mouth? Or does the spiral continue? Do threads like this continue , scaring off new members. Do people start to always post "please don't flame me but ..........." A simple person scared to post due to postwhore lusers . And the world continues.........
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Originally posted here by el-half
    Lol, this guy is really funny.
    Thread title: new to sucurity (can't even spell his title right)
    Well some people can't even pronounce some words right, and yet they become president .

Originally posted here by lumpyporridge
    In truth, for all practical purposes AO is already dead. It is a dead man walking.Are their enough intelligent members left to give mouth to mouth? Or does the spiral continue? Do threads like this continue , scaring off new members. Do people start to always post "please don't flame me but ..........." A simple person scared to post due to postwhore lusers . And the world continues.........
    Amen.
    There are 10 kinds of people, those who can read binary, and those who can\'t.

T3h Ch3F

Jeeeez

I must give my full support to Lumpy for his coments regarding the treatment of "Noobs", in the forums. GIVE THEM A CHANCE! Jezuz Guys!

This is not some sort of closed geek "Country Club".

It is a forum for people to seek help. The whole point of AO, in it's inception.

I used to just post my feelings, after a shitty day. Now I am afraid to mispell a word, let alone just ask a stupid question. In my opinion there is no such thing as a "stupid question" , even if it is a "how can I hack my moms VIC 20" question.

So many members claim to be anti Crack, yet they deny themselves the perfect opportunity to teach a young Skrpt Kid, to do the right thing.

These are kids, by Negging and banning them for silly, naive "Hacking" (Craking) questions, you are in fact creating your own future enemies. Some of these "kids", will be in the business.

They will only use the shitty treatment in forums as this one as a reason to **** with SYS. ADMINS. Please give this point some thought.

Anyway thats my mind on a plate. errrrrrrrr Screen.

God bless

P:

Edit: Shouts to MEM!, a creature of his word.... Thanks for the balance MEM!

Banned
    Edit: Shouts to MEM!, a creature of his word.... Thanks for the balance MEM!
    hey a promise is a promise ...

T3h Ch3F

heheheh

It just amazed me that I got four (4) negs for my loosing my tiities halloween comment. lol

I am listening to "Face To Face" one of my favorite bands, and posting. I used to skate, and I always thought disco sucked!..........hell it will always suk when my wife is out of town I still skate at 35!!! lol. I have a small 1/2 pipe heheh no such thing. Kids from a 4 mile radius come and skate my pipe.........hehehe the only sign I am an adult is that my lawyer printed several dozen release forms that I keep on file lol.

Bless the youth! Kill the lawyers.

Mem you are a good **** bro. No bullshit in you man. Good thing.

Rgds

Nicolas

www.irisatlanta.com

how come you two (galdron and memory) keep showing up in my defending the newbie posts? i guess that means more photos. Are you a genie?