help

Thread: help

Banned

help

ok im new at web design, my home page is located at www.vampress.bravehost.com

Im kinder stuck, im doing it in HTML, and im unshoure on how to change the back ground colour in the code as i wish for it to be black instead of the gray that the template is.
    Any serious informative help would be gratly apreshiated... thanks in advance.

Nightfalls_Girl

Banned
    heres the code:

Code:
    <html>
    <BODY BGCOLOR="#000000">
    </html>
    insert it in your source code and save it ....

Banned
    this is going to sound dumb but
    where abouts would i find the source code??
    i tryed in index.html at the <head> and <body> neather worked...???

not sure I understand your question.... presumably you already have access to the source code since it is your own website???

the code that Memory told you to add needs to be included in all of your .html files. I would point out that the <HTML> tags are unecessary in Memory's example because they will already be in your code (at the top and bottom of the source code). You actually only have to add BGCOLOR="#000000" into the <BODY> tag (which again will already be in your source code)

however I've just had a look at the link you gave.. the background is already in black... and you appear to be using cascading style sheets which also have code for setting background colour... so whats the problem??

Or have you solved it now?

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Banned
    Thank you Memory both for your help and the other...

Ok Zonewalker, thanks, yah it is now black tho b4 it was gray. I decided it was going to be a bit quicker to use a nuther template that was allready black, as im pritty shoure I know how to change font colour, Iv lernt a lot of the other one, evean if i only just started it , so this one will be grate, when i get a chance to do some...

So in shourt I crashed the other to change colours no biggy tho what had on there was apeace of cake to do.

Nightfalls_Girl