Thread: A great way to get rid of Lamers??

A great way to get rid of Lamers??

Ok here goes,

WHY IS IT THAT WE DO JUSTICE TO F(_)CKING LAME POSTS??

SURELY A BETTER WAY TO DEAL WITH L33T NEWBIE ******* LAM3R5 WOULD BE TO JUST IGNORE THEM?

I cant understand why anybody would want to waste time replying to them?? Surely it would be better spent posting in 'site suggestions' or creating a tutorial or something else equally beneficial / productive. I've been around AO for quite some time under various disguises and it seems to me that we are at a point now where many people just surf the forums looking to flame dumbasses. (A particular moderator will rename nameless) Surely a moderator would be serving the community better by deleting the dreaded "how can I hack hotmail, break into my friends pc" type threads rather than firing them up.

Prime example (there are hundreds more like this but im not sad enough to search for em)

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=247460

I'd like to think that by ignoring these undesirables they'd leave quicker than if we egg them on by flaming and negging. Another way to look at it .. If we just totally ignore these idiots they are less likely to come back under a new name and cause trouble.

Thats what I think. Perhaps the AO rules should be updated to refelct this??

We do need to draw a distinction between LAME threads and Pointless threads

A LAME THREAD

Examples;
    'How can i hack my girlfriends hotmail'
    'Can someone tell me how to use sub7 cause my class mate pissed me off the other day'
    'How do I get a virus onto someones computer'

The definition of a lame thread would be anything that is against what AO stands for / asking for help with malicious activity / Newbies that blatantly havent read the FAQ's and have just posted with there *****s in there hand.

A POINTLESS THREAD

Example: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...096#post648096

A pointless thread would be something that is er....well pointless!! But at the same time has good humour or entertaining.

Such as:
    "Friday OT random discussions"
    "The occasional pretend flame war"
    "Anything written by Gore"

We should make a clear distinction between the two as sometimes I think people get them confused. We are all hear to help each other and learn. But that doesnt mean we cant have some fun and games every now and then.

I'd like to hear from everyone, Do you agree or disagree? Can you add anyhing to this?

What I intend to do with this info is to create a 'Posts you should ignore' thread and post it in with the FAQ's and Tutorials.

Cheers & Happy Weekend

V$D$
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

it's an excellent idea V$D$ - alternatively you could just get me to post to every lame thread..... almost every thread I've posted to recently has died within minutes..... the pointless type of threads can be fun and I think they should stay. Otherwise I think you've got the rest of it pretty much down to a tee....

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

LOL!!

Zonewalker.. the lone thread killer !!
    (cowboy music playing in the back ground)

Thanks for your feedback mate.

I'll PM you with every new lame thread

Cheers
    V$D$
    I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

I think that you have a very good point! perhaps the moderators should zap some of the most obvious ones...........but they are unpaid people who also have lives to lead, so I guess it is a bit difficult if someone has already given a sensible reply to an idiotic question?....it would look as if you don't respect the reply, as well as the question?

Maybe if the Mods could just close a thread permanently, so that it cannot be added to? Then it would die a natural death?

I think that we have to be careful that we do not discriminate against those members who do not have English as their mother tongue? hey, we misunderstand eachother enough don't we?

I guess my only contribution at this stage is permanent thread closure. I did notice today that someone opened a thread a year old, by accident, so it would be useful anyway?

Cheers,

johnno

V$D$ ROFL....

well I have the cowboy hat... I can lay my hands on a suitable looking Smith & Wesson... just need to be able to upload MP3's to this place and get a cigar

maybe I could team up with the real thread_killer

Z (searching for his hoss)
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Banned
    I like lame posts.. they give you something to laugh at and have fun with..

Why is it that all the Brits like this?

jag291

Banned
    Just caught this thread as I was ready to go out. Basically this is a point I have brought up a lot and have stopped doing so as it gets me nowhere. Mods shouldnt have to close lame threads that is not their responsibility, they are there to close threads that are inappropiate especially if people have complained about a particular thread.

It is up to the community to have a certain conciousness or unwritten law about these things.
    If you wish to update the FAQ let the owners know about.

A particular moderator will rename nameless)
    Why nameless if it is me I would rather you were open than posting cryptic thins like that.
    Plus it wil bug me!

Sorry I havent more time to expand but it is Saturday night and Im Irish so I need alcohol to survive.

I got to thinking....why do people respond to pointless threads? It seems like a person will respond bc usually in a crappy thread the first person to respond gets tons of greenies....which keeps the thread from going suicidal....which means people can get more negs into that one dumba$$ post and ban whoever it was that posted it....not very nice but I think it's friggin hillarious .