Ok here goes,

WHY IS IT THAT WE DO JUSTICE TO F(_)CKING LAME POSTS??

SURELY A BETTER WAY TO DEAL WITH L33T NEWBIE ******* LAM3R5 WOULD BE TO JUST IGNORE THEM?

I cant understand why anybody would want to waste time replying to them?? Surely it would be better spent posting in 'site suggestions' or creating a tutorial or something else equally beneficial / productive. I've been around AO for quite some time under various disguises and it seems to me that we are at a point now where many people just surf the forums looking to flame dumbasses. (A particular moderator will rename nameless) Surely a moderator would be serving the community better by deleting the dreaded "how can I hack hotmail, break into my friends pc" type threads rather than firing them up.

Prime example (there are hundreds more like this but im not sad enough to search for em)

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=247460

I'd like to think that by ignoring these undesirables they'd leave quicker than if we egg them on by flaming and negging. Another way to look at it .. If we just totally ignore these idiots they are less likely to come back under a new name and cause trouble.

Thats what I think. Perhaps the AO rules should be updated to refelct this??

We do need to draw a distinction between LAME threads and Pointless threads

A LAME THREAD

Examples;
'How can i hack my girlfriends hotmail'
'Can someone tell me how to use sub7 cause my class mate pissed me off the other day'
'How do I get a virus onto someones computer'

The definition of a lame thread would be anything that is against what AO stands for / asking for help with malicious activity / Newbies that blatantly havent read the FAQ's and have just posted with there *****s in there hand.

A POINTLESS THREAD

Example: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...096#post648096

A pointless thread would be something that is er....well pointless!! But at the same time has good humour or entertaining.

Such as:
"Friday OT random discussions"
"The occasional pretend flame war"
"Anything written by Gore"

We should make a clear distinction between the two as sometimes I think people get them confused. We are all hear to help each other and learn. But that doesnt mean we cant have some fun and games every now and then.

I'd like to hear from everyone, Do you agree or disagree? Can you add anyhing to this?

What I intend to do with this info is to create a 'Posts you should ignore' thread and post it in with the FAQ's and Tutorials.

Cheers & Happy Weekend

V$D$