Thread: Im New And Have Some Questions

Im New And Have Some Questions

Hey People,

I am obviously new hear, and am interested in Security. Mainly Linux Security since I am trying to learn more about linux. Is it important to know how to hack? Or know any programing languages? Just basically where/how is a good place to get started.

-Josh

Lightbulb

I'm also pretty new but I saw this a couple of weeks ago and I have been swamped trying to catch up with it. There is a tutorials forum that can answer any questions you have about just about anything and this is the link to an index that the moderator created to straighten things up.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=133897

I'll warn you if you haven't read through many other posts, be very careful how you pharase any questions. Any thing that starts with "How do you hack...." are out of order in this forum and will be dealt with harshly and immediately by severral of the more knowledgeable members.

Best thing to do is to read, read and read some more then set up your own network or work with buddies to do any testing you want.

Lotsa luck
    \"If you take a starving dog in off the street and make him prosperous he will not bite you, this is the principle difference between a dog and a man\" - Mark Twain

Banned
    Place to start would be the obvious.. FAQ and then the tutorial forum...

Gump pretty much made the important points clear, so I'll leave you with some words of wisdom from Dr. Phil:

If it sounds stupid, its stupid.
    Enjoy AO,
    jag291

hehe I like that.

Hopefully this place isn't as tense as you guys make it sound. I don't want to learn how to hack here. I was just wondering if it is important so you can test your own networks security. Anyways I will check out the tut section. thanks for your help guys.

-Josh

damn thanks a lot dude.

its not really necessary to learn how to hack your box to secure it. their are programs that will test your computer for vulnerabilities. In tutorials, thehore13 made a tutorial on installing nessus... which does just that
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

learning linux is very good for you. learn hacking is not compulsory,if u are interested u can learn how to hack.

T3h Ch3F
    Originally posted here by keshava murthy
    learning linux is very good for you. learn hacking is not compulsory,if u are interested u can learn how to hack.

Kesh. look at the original post dates. If the post is several months or even years old it usually has been responded to enough times for the person to get the answer they were looking for.
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.