Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Can't Disconnect Internet

Angry I Can't Disconnect Internet

I use a 56k dial up modem and I am unable to disconnect from the internet short of physically unplugging the phone line. I can't even bring up the connection status window (by double clicking icon in taskbar or connection in networking and dial up window). I have Win2kPro.
    Any idea>?

Thx
    ERROR: No Keyboard Detected
    Press F1 to continue....

The Recidivist
    Step 1: Surf over to Linux ISO and get your favorite
    distro and burn 2 cd.

Step 2: Reboot using bootdisk and at command line type "format c:/"

Step 3: Insert you freshly burned linux cd and install.

Step 4: No more steps. Thats it!

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Very amusing, hjack.

I already have dual boot with Mandrake 9.0, but I am lacking a Linux driver for my softmodem. It is a Netodragon 56k voice/fax modem. If you could show me a link to a driver it would be nice.
    As to my other problem, right after I connect and open Internet Explorer, an error pops up saying there was a problem with svchost.exe and it will be closed by windows. I then can not disconnect, nor can I look at anything in the control panel.

Hmmm...
    Thx
    ERROR: No Keyboard Detected
    Press F1 to continue....

windows ,bleh, sorry, Linux -open google(or any decent uncommercially polluted search engine), then type netodragon+linux and press return voila! your driver. (This hint works for pretty much anything to do with linux)
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Banned
    hey SY ..didnt you start a thread about a driver for that modem ..and didnt i give you a link for that driver ...?

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ght=netodragon

next time subscribe to your threads and check if somebody helped you or not ...if that link i gave you didnt work why didnt you post something like "hey MemorY that link didnt help me i need this and this and an error pops up with this and this bla bla bla ...etc..."

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Originally posted here by MemorY
    hey SY ..didnt you start a thread about a driver for that modem ..and didnt i give you a link for that driver ...?

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ght=netodragon

next time subscribe to your threads and check if somebody helped you or not ...if that link i gave you didnt work why didnt you post something like "hey MemorY that link didnt help me i need this and this and an error pops up with this and this bla bla bla ...etc..."
    maybe because this thread was originally started for a completely different reason until newbies start with their lame comments. Learn to read.

Hi,

I think that the first step is to narrow down the possibilities; and the best place to start is to make sure that it is not a virus/malware. Remember, not all malware loads and runs perfectly in all environments, so you may have been hit by a corrupt one that has done damage, but has not worked properly. That might make it less obvious from a detection point.

The info. from the AV sites usually relates to "good" copies

Update your AV and run it with all the scanning options on. That is, ALL files, heuristics on, compresssed files, memory etc. I would be inclined to run it in "safe" mode if it will.

You might try some of the AV companies and run their online scanner (PC-Cillin for example) Just to get a "second opinion"

Check your startup for anything strange.

Get Ad-Aware 6.0 from Lavasoft, update it and run it.

Get Spybot Search & Destroy, update it and run it.

You might even try a Pest Patrol trial.

That should eliminate the virus possibility from the equation.

I did have some problems a while back that caused connection/disconnection problems that turned out to be corrupt stacks in the registry (TCP/IP and LSP come to mind), so you may have to repair that and do some re-installing?

Sorry I cannot be of more help at the moment, but I do not have a 2K or XP box set up, and it was a while ago...............let us know how you get on..........

Good Luck!

kill RNAAPP in taskmanager then hook a phone up to the other phone jack in the modem and see if you get dial tone. i had an aopen modem that the relay got stuck closed on. could be the modem

hjack that was just a wise-ass remark and in no way helpfull to someonw asking a windows question. save your leetist comments for the SK sites
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The Recidivist
    Okay, so my comment was a little out of taste. I am sorry. I did look for nearly 2 hour after that for a driver for his modem in linux and found no results. I didn't post a follow up because I found nothing. So don't think me 2 much of an *******. I did try.

hjack

Sorry about the smart ass .Sy.
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche