Thread: Tests

Tests

In know alot of people are going to dis-agree with me on this one. But I believe that there should be a test that you have to pass to get from level to level, a knowledge based test over different aspects of Security and COmputers in General. In my opinion that way when you make Senior or Junior or waht ever you earned it and didn't just post a ton of Bs to get there.

BTW it make susre that people learn.

Mr. Jizz

Come people let me know what you think about this one.

I am curious, I personally would definately be for it.

How I see it is you keep the amount of posts to get to a certain level but once you get that many posts you get a Pm that is a test and you have to send it back and if you Pass you get the next level.

That is a great Idea. and not to burst your buble but there is one flaw in it It would be too easy to cheat on the tests. seeing how the only way to get to A.O is through the internet and the internet is filled with all the answers that would be on the test that you speak of kinda defeats the purpose. Now I know that there would be some people that would not cheat and be honest about it but not every one is honest.

Banned
    Naw.. I think its a bad idea... people here are smart in their own way.. how would a test incoporate a broad enough range so that everyone is covered.. if you don't follow me, I'll rephrase: er0k is a Slackware god, gore is a Suse god .. I on the other hand have no idea about Slackware/Suse nor have any intentions of learning about those OS's in the near future... what would happen if the test is on Slackware? Or vice versa... what if the test is on programming in for win32... tampabay420 would dominate, I would do fine, and you would fail..

How would you develop a test that covers security in general without favoring any OS/topic/etc... and like Orangeguy said, cheating would be too easy if someone really wanted to pass..

jag291

The versions I was referring to would not be based on any specific Os. For that fact I wuld be good if it were RH but Slack or Suse oh ****. But there are genereal things that I believe that when you reach a certain level should know. If people cheat oh well, People will always cheat but those of us here to actually learn would get a lot out of the test I know I would. I think that to give a general, Sheet on what to study for your test would help and then you can take it as many times as you want. Even if we were to cover a topic then you still know what it is on, So you can study for it.

I don't know Ia m just trying to answer that statement that people keep saying "We used to learn a lot more here" I think this would do it. Think about it if for nothing more you got to rate jujst how good you are in a paticular Area.

Mr. Jizz

Ok, I see your point but it's still not a great idea to *require* the tests....good in theory, disaster in practice. However, it'd be cool if there were tests for any given subject just so people could see how much they know, and know what kind of progress they were making. We could have a new "testing" forum...I know I'd use it.