Thread: When playing online games can people find out my IP Address?

Unhappy When playing online games can people find out my IP Address?

I play DeltaForce 2 online and people send messages about how they will hack your computer. I've had my computer freeze up several times while playing. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not. Are there ip sniffing programs that will let you know other players IP addresses even though you are not connected to there computer. I know that if I connect to a private server that the sysadmin will know my ip, but how about those other players?

It's possible to get ip address by doing netstat while you are directly connected to them, either via chat, or client to server.

It's not a big deal for people to get your ip address. What's important is that you keep your computer safe by making sure people with bad intentions can't do anything malicious to your computer because you've left it open to access. Just make sure you don't run services that you don't need. Run a personal firewall on your computer, a hardware firewall such as a router might protect you better by not allowing people to connect to certain ports on your computer.

It's all about running a secure machine. If you do, then they can't touch you and you've got nothing to worry about.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com

I have another question: can you hide yourself whlir playing? I hearsd that in some programs you can put on some program that nobody sees that you are in Net. Dóes that theory exists??
    //WH.

I have another question: can you hide yourself while playing? I heard that in some programs you can put on some program that nobody sees that you are in Net. Does that theory exists??
    //WH.
    )))therearenolimitsnothingisimpossible(((