Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Proxy Server??

Anonymous Proxy Server??

Hello Everyone,
    I want to configure an anonymous proxy server. How could I do that?? Any suggestions. I have win 2k and XP and red hat as well on my machine.
    Please advice me ...Can anyone put up a tutorial or a link.
    Another problem is that I want to use two sound cards with one motherboard(i want both if them to be functional). None of them are built in. Both are external. and I have drivers for them. Infact, I need two Line In Jacks for music purpose.
    One of th sound cards is working but i dont know how to make the other sound card work as well...Thank you
    Thank you
    Ommy

Most of the proxy services have tutorials on which port to use. What firewall are you using?
    those products also have explanations on what do do. I wish I could be more specific but each one may have different needs and I don't wish to be overly general on what to do.
    I recommend visiting this site it has a good explanation on why Anonymizers are all what you think they are. http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

Good Luck, Glen

Hi again,
    I came across this site too.
    http://home18.inet.tele.dk/flw/Proxy.htm
    hope it helps.
    Glen

Well, nobody looked over the other query about using a second sound card for my computer. As i told earlier that i have drivers for both and i want both of them to function.I have windows XP and usin a celeron 1.7 PC. I hope to get help on the issue this time.
    Thank yo
    u
    Ommy

nobody looked over the other query about using a second sound card for my computer.
    Well, since no one else will tackle this one, I'll try.

You are using an x86 machine, which has limitations. Your sound cards use probably two IRQ's each. (An IRQ is an interrupt request ).

Your machine has only 16 actual IRQ's, numbered 0 -15 ( ok, XP has “virtual IRQ's which extend the number available, IF the bios allows it and IF the drivers will work with them)

The problem comes in when the sound cards try to use the same IRQ. Not all OS ( operating systems, most do not ) support the “virtual IRQ's” and numerous devices will grab IRQs for their own use, and many sound cards will not let you specify specific IRQs to use so the “virtual IRQs” which XP assigns may not work.

The sound cards will also use at least one DMA

Trying to get the two sound cards working together without using conflicting IRQs or DMAs, with everything else the computer is running, without giving EXACT and SPECIFIC details as to the entire computer is nearly impossible, and basically up to YOU to figure out.

Hope the links provided will help you understand it.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Well...IKNOWNOT ..great post..it helped me in correcting lots of my basics...webopedia.com great site...Okie tell me what information do you need about the system.Do you want to know about motherboards or what???and one more thing IRQ 9, IRQ 10 and IRQ 11 are almost ope n for any peripheral, why cant the ither sound card use these IRQ'S.
    Thank you...
    Hope to get your reply soon...
    Bye
    Ommy

I don’t know that I can help you, and this is probably not the correct place to be asking ( this is a community of computer/network security. )

But maybe I can point you a little further in the right direction so you can help yourself ( if it can be done )

You will need to use the Control Panel, you can find it by clicking on the “My Computer” icon. Go down to the “System” folder, open that up. Choose the “Hardware” tab, then “Device Manager”

From here you should be able to find your sound cards listed. If you see ( and you should ) an exclamation mark or a question mark next to an item that means it is not loaded properly.

If you click on the “help” here, ( should open with “Microsoft Management Console” ) go down under “Device Manager” topics and open the “Configuring Devices” section. This should provide you with a lot of help.

You can see what IRQs and DMAs are being used when in the “Device Manager” by clicking on the “view” tab and selecting “Resources by type”

Now the fun part. Go back into the main screen by clicking on “view” then “Devices by type”
    Find your sound cards, double click on the device, then click the “resources” tab. Here you should also be able to see the resources used, and if the driver will let you you may have a choice of different profiles to use. Hopefully you will be able to find one set for each card that won’t conflict with the other and any other devices, but that depends on how the drivers for each card were written. If not, you may have to find a forum that specializes in sound card discussions.

One last note: Google is a great place to look. I found this first search and it may help you understand setting the bios up to use specific slots for specific IRQs.
    Installing Multiple Sound Cards on the Access Grid

Good Luck.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

You could always use a free web-based anonymous proxy, which would require no setup on your machine and would run regardless of what OS you are using.

A couple I've used in the past include:
    A Mega Proxy
    The Cloak

Some services are free, others are limited, and others charge for any access.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

er0k
    sorry for posting this here, but the link to the discussion forums is down? So i couldnt submit a new thread.. why is it down?

Hey Thank you IKNOWNOT...again a great post..
    Thank you
    JAGUAR 291 should be banned from theforum atleast for certain time for this crap
    Bye
    Ommy

Pwaring,

Could u give me another link. i can't use your link coz my ISP Banned that site.
    we Can't go internet freely in my country that why..
    plz gimme another ..
    Thankz in adv..

Lovebugz