c++ compiler xp

Thread: c++ compiler xp

Question c++ compiler xp

Hi,
    I did a search for a tread on this subject, but I came up with nothing. I would like to learn c++ and I found a tut. at www.saskschool.ca/~ehs/HeiseIntra/C.html , but I need a good free compiler that will work well with windows xp home. I looked on google but could not find one that said it would work on xp. Some said it would work on systems up to windows 2000, but I could not find one that said it would work on xp. I don't want something that's going to mess up my os or get messed up because it's on the wrong os. Also if you will take a look at the site for the lessions and you think there is a better site, could you include that in your responses too. Thank you for any help.

Freddy
    cybnut

Ninja Code Monkey
    Grab cygwin and use gcc. Then you'll know how to do it on windows and linux.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Thumbs up

Thanks Juridion. I looked at some sites from google. It looks good. I was wondering if you knew of any sites that have some free lessions from the start using cygwin and gcc?

Freddy
    cybnut

cygwin basically installs itself, then you just navigate to the dir its in and type "cygwin". its a win32 port of the bash shell so just look for basic tuts on bash.

is you want a windows c++ compiler:

http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

System : Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP

Status : Free Software (under the GNU General Public License)

Size : 13.5 Mb
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I agree with Tedob1 try DevC++. It's a very userfriendly program ans has some samples or standard programs included which makes it very easy for a starter.

why dont you just pull out 50 bucks and go to the store and buy Metrowreks CodeWarrior? Also, you might want to go and check out some of a the C++ tutorials i have written:

Pointer tut:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=247055

fstream.h tut:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=247364
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box