Thread: View private messages in new window.

View private messages in new window.

I don't know if anyone else has been having this problem, but whenever I get a new Private message it pops up the dialog box telling me I have one. I press ok to view the message, it then brings up another dialog box asking if I want to open it in the current screen or in the new window. But know matter what I press it never opens it up and I have to go my inbox to view it.
    =

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Weird. I haven't had that problem. What OS/Browser type are you using?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Never happened to me either,it might have been a glitch.

I press ok to view the message, it then brings up another dialog box asking if I want to open it in the current screen or in the new window. But know matter what I press it never opens it up and I have to go my inbox to view it.
    Same here, i don't believe it has ever worked for me. Maybe it's because i'm always using Mozilla and not IE.

I use both Opera, and IE 6.0

I to would of said glitch, but it does it to me every time.
    =

cheyenne... you're not using Google bar v2 are you?? if you are don't forget its got a pop up blocker built in... and that does stop the new window opening.... probably a silly suggestion i know but just in case.

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

nope I don't use it.

Right now I'm using opera, and I just got another message saying I had a private message, and it actually opened a new windows .

But it still won't do it in IE 6.0
    =

cheyenne1212, hey man, I know what your talking about the same thing has happened to me. It does that everytime I get one and I'm using IE on my Windows XP. I used to think that it just happened only if you were online and someone sent you a PM while you were on but now I'm not so sure. Oh well...

--Peace
    The real question is not whether peace can be obtained, but whether or not mankind is mature enough for it...

how weird... I've got IE6 on my XP box and it's never had a problem... always opens up in a new window... have you got IE SP1 on?

Z
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes

Yeah, I have SP1 along with IE 6.

It must be a glitch in my IE though because I'm using Konqueror right now on my nix box and It opened a new windows for me when I received a new message.
    =