Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torvalds Slams SCO

I read this article last week:

SCO's Own Evidence Undercuts Its Linux Intellectual Property
    http://www.internetweek.com/story/sh...cleID=13100927

The only thing SCO is going to get out this court battle is negative publicity.
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

er0k
    Originally posted here by gore
    Well, you could give ME access to a SCO server
    watch out that you are using the word "server" its no doubt copyright (C) SCO *******s Inc.

Originally posted here by er0k

watch out that you are using the word "server" its no doubt copyright (C) SCO *******s Inc.
    That reminds me; today I set up my first network

(Doesnt seem like alot to anyone but we all started this way Im thinking).

I had to get up early and go to work today and when I got out after a long as hell 9 hours, I got home to my room totally changed around, I was shaking with rage. So I went for a drive to calm down... (I know what you might be thinking, great calm session,drive around in Michigan where people dont know how to ****ing use a turn signal right? heh) Anyway, I went to a store and saw a router, I wanted one but havnt had any money since I stopped doing my "other" job that actually got me cash.. Besides I was eating my stash Anyway, I have money now so I grabbed a router for like 70 dollars and an extra Cat5e cable, and not only was I damned proud to find a store with routers at 10 PM but I was damn proud when I had the entire thing set up in about 5 minutes.

Tommorow I have to get up EARLY. I have to go to the college and get my books and I start school too. Soooooo, I wake up early, drink coffee, go to school store, get my books, go home, get more coffee, go to my class, and start up my 4th semester.

If anyone is interested, Im taking:

C++ Programming.

TCP/IP.

And Wide Area Networking.

I also want to try for another loan because well, I wan a Laptop badly. It would help alot in class as I can type way faster than I can write, and if youv ever seen my writing, its horrid. Also I want to get a SERVER so I can set up a leet network (heh, Half joking). Anyway, Im going to play a bit and try breaking into my **** and then off to bed, where Ill be in a place where SCO SERVERS burn like cigars and GB net runs free like...A LINUX SERVER.

hHeh, wonder if SCO is asking there lawyers about legal action against me yet. And here I thought Microsoft owned the word server...Wait scratch that, it was Microsoft SERVERS GET OWNED. Teehee.

based on what i have read so far it looks like SCO screwed up big time. They look like they just tryign to scare people off Linux probably with the help of M$ cos it really smells like it has M$ grubby hands all over it.

the only thing that worries me is that they might have something up their sleeve that we havent seen. hopefully not. once this is done it'd be great if IBM countersued SCO and make them and all who hope of scaring consumers in a similar way get their facts straight before doing all this.

M$ tried to copyright the word windows lmfao....they got thrown out of the supreme court

anyways its kinda a contradiction that sco has their own open source linux distro while they are suing linux...whats next....MS linux?!

Ask me, it's just another reason to use Linux. If all the big companies see Linux as THAT much of a threat, then Linux must be doing something right.

That something being making freely available something that should never have been private anyway

ROFLMAO; Honestly this is far beyond sad.. After reading what I've saw on that.. Torvalds was right, THEY ARE ON CRACK. I mean you know you're shot in the anus when you're running linux and trying to shut it down. I mean honestly why were they snooping through the code anyway if its so "BIG" If it was taken without permission or grants, obviously I don't think it would be that open would it?
    :[crunch]