Looking for port blocking tool

Thread: Looking for port blocking tool

Looking for port blocking tool

I am looking for a tool for windows that does not require installation and can block user's defined ports. If any one know of such tool, please post it here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I found this tool very usefull:

TCPView will show you a detailed listings of all TCP and UDP endpoints on your system, including the remote address and state of TCP connections as well as the application or process that is using the connection. In addition, you can end selected processes and close selected connections.

http://www.webattack.com/get/tcpview.shtml
    The Power Of Your Imagination:

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Falcon: Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but aren't you referring to a firewall? If you are using win2k you could enable TCP/IP Filtering and on WinXP you can use the built in firewall though I would prefer to see you use something more robust and configurable.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

I am looking for tool to block certain ports, but no need to install, unlike firewall program.

well the thing is IPTables for linux is a perfect example of this. someone told me there was iptables for windows but i could not find them anymore. what you want is a packet inspection firewall. it filters packets based on where they are going and info like that instead of tracking them to processes (application layer firewalls). i have not really seen a packet inspection firewall for windows. so therefore i prefer not to use one =)

In other words if you are not using IPtables it is not happening buddy. Either you install hardware or software firewall but something has to be there. It is like a magician saying I want a helicopter to appear out of nowhere, but don't bring a helicopter near here i will do it as if there was one hear imagine it ok... It isn't possible buddy. sorry to burst your vuvvle you need something there. Or else noone would install any OS we would all say I won't install anything it will just happen. hmmmmmmm good idea though.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Falcon: Can you explain the situation and what you intend to acheive and maybe we can help you better.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    You don't need to install anything to use the built in firewall that comes with Win2k. All you do is open it up and setup the rules. You'l find it under Network settings, right click your LAN connection, choose properties, then select tcp/ip, then the advanced button then options, then tcp/ip filtering.

Give this a try.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

does that work for xp too? would think so