Webcam on Yahoo messenger..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webcam on Yahoo messenger..

Webcam on Yahoo messenger..

Hi,

I have another question, I hope I won't cause any problems with this one

I have a webcam and I use it with my friends.
    Now I was thinking... let's say I invite somebody to
    my cam.. I then shut the cam on ( I leave yahoo running),
    when I get back I turn the cam on.

Can the user I invited originally see my cam again,
    without the second invite?
    Does the connection with my cam stay open if I
    only shut the cam down?

I hope you know what I mean.

Thx 4 your help,
    M

Thumbs down Can you read?

Ummmmmmmm.........................Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that you didnt read

the FAQ's, Do you know what this site is about?

I suggest that you read them......Look at your antipoints allready after 5 post's.

I dont mean to be a dick but i guess I hafta........Sorry man but learn to read before you post.

Dirty_Sanchez.

wrong forum buddy!

You could've answer your own question by doing a simple test. Why don't you delete this thread and try to find out the answer yourself. Invite your yahoo friends to view you then turn your cam off and turn it on again. After that ask your friends if they can still view you without invitation/permission.

Anyways in my opinion the connection closes when you turn your cam off.

Well darn.. isn't this a security site??

I asked a security question.
    Do the connection closes if I turn only the cam off,
    or do I have to close the messenger as well?

M

Ok, OK, sorry I asked...

No need to reply...

ADMIN: pls delete this thread.

Dirty Sanchez, last time I checked this was a computer-related forum.

Mihak, no, you have to invite them again. I use mine w/ yahoo almost everyday, and if you stop your connection for any reason, you have to issue another invitation. When you have the webcam on, if you go to file, in the top left corner, there are preferences, like who to allow to veiw your webcam, and since I only ever use mine w/ one person on Yahoo, I have it set to always allow that one person, and there are other settings you can change. I haven't really messed with it, but there are a lot of options to choose from.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

OK great, thanks for that.

M

Flash M0nkey
    Ahhhhh Debs the voice of reason as usual. Come on guys the guy was asking a genuine computer question - ok so it may not be deemed as security but it does pose a privacy risk - so I think it was more than justified and in the correct place....

v_Ln

Banned
    **** you valhallen, useless piece of crap on the bottom of my shoe...

valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen valhallen

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    looks like jag got hacked or something... never seen him act like this before.

as for Dirty_Sanchez and Quizz.... maybe you should try to be helpful instead of just trying to be a smartass.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

souleman > believe it or not, he wasnt hacked or anything, I saw him say from his own mouth on IRC what was up, so its really him. Probably yet another reason Jup should add in a delete this account button.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0