Write a Story, Go to Jail

Thread: Write a Story, Go to Jail

Write a Story, Go to Jail

Brian Robertson was just months away from graduation at Moore High School in Moore, Oklahoma, last year when he found the beginnings of what he thought was a short story on a school computer. He copied the file to another computer, added some paragraphs to the initial text and then promptly got arrested.

http://www.wired.com/news/conflict/0,2100,60144,00.html

I could not believe it when I read it.

Unfortunatly this is not suprising to me. Thought crime is here , the owner of www.raisethefist.com was sentenced to a year federal for linking to bomb making sites recently. The usa has the highest incarceration rates in the world overall and percapita (approx 4x any other western nation) Russia and China are 2 and 3 on the list.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0818/p02s01-usju.html
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

I hope that Brian didn't want to hurt anyone. because the authorities did not find any weapons or explosive material in his possession. but I am also glad that they did act fast and arrested him. and if he did have the intention to do an act of violence then him being under arrest is justified and should face what ever charges are being brought against him. and it is sad to know that we have the highest incarceration rates in the world

That story makes me wonder why he would write a story and then move it to other computers.I think he was doing it to get attention from the people around him