Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *heads up* PWSteal.Navu trojan

Lol then just name the topic *Heads up*

-my 2 cents

My Thought was..
    One daily Heads up of Low Level Virus warnings..ie the Symantec Cat 1's, as some of these are only proof of concept.. the risk to the majority is low.. but the knowledge is helpful..

I had been posting the Cat2's and above.. normally as these Are more likley in the Wild..but .. not all of them, Cat 3's are in the wild and doing harm..

In the past 2 weeks I have found that a virus warning is posted almost anywhere on this site..

I'm pleased that someone else has the time to post these warnings.. Since Blaster et al I have been to darn busy to do to much.. and for 3 days I have not seen the AO home page.. i suspect due to Sobig.f.. (only way now is via a US based Proxy)

BD]Hobbit is eager to helpout and we shouldn't condem him.. we need to help him smooth his approach..
    Oh and not everyone has a JS scripted page to keep them uptodate with 3 or so AV warning services.. so thats why I ever bothered.. help some annoy some.. thats life..

Cheers..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Or you can name a topic called *Heads up* and reply virus info to it daily....

Just a thought.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    And one other thing... you don't have to post the ENTIRE virus warning. Make one post a day or every other day saying latest viruses, give a BRIEF discription of them, and then post links to the website.

Most people don't even need the virus warning because if you keep your Antivirus updated, then it isn't a concern. They are only useful when someone you konw gets a virus and you have to help them sort it out.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by BD]Hobbit
    Ok, how about i post three or four different virus warnings in one post, or should i just stop altogether?
    I feel that you should take the advice of the concensus of the members who have replied in this thread. There are lots of other topics you could post about apart from you favourite. To other members , bear in mind that BD is only 13, and for some reason I imagine him as a little guy, but as I've said before he could be 6'4" and built like a brick S***house, anyway he is at least attempting to contribute some useful information to the community