Thread: studio c++ problem

Question studio c++ problem

I installed m$ visual studio c++ and kept getting errors asking me to debug every program i would load, trillian, psp8, etc. So i uninstalled the program and now i can't start windows explorer. it boots into windows and i get an eception error for all my startup programs and it just keeps rebboting. I am writing this on another partition on the same hardrive. so i can access the problem if someone can guide me and even if i have to format that drive how do i disable visual studios debugging program next time i want to install it---Thanks all
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

well if you possibly can, try openning M$ visual studio, then go to tools->options->debugging and see what you have set. Also, you might just want to start all over and unistall M$ visual studio and then re install it.

EDIT:
    So i uninstalled the program and now i can't start windows explorer
    wait what program did you uninstall? visual studio C++ or the programs that would open the debugger?
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

The Iceman Cometh
    It sounds to me like the Visual Studio/C++ version you installed replaced some of your dlls with older versions. The debugging is simply because an exception was caught and now that you have a just-in-time debugger, you can handle the exception and isolate it. Go to www.microsoft.com and try downloading new versions of the Visual Basic Runtime and Visual C++ Runtime. That *should* fix your problem. No guarantees though.

AJ

Thanks , by the time i read this i had formatted. I might just make a small partition for visual studio as learning basic and c++ is going to be my winter hobby, what should my debugger options be sat at so it doesn't interfere with other programs and how do i set it?

The Iceman Cometh
    The debugger shouldn't interfere with your day-to-day operations at all. It should only appear if/when an error is caught which Visual Studio thinks it can help you debug. By default, Windows does not come with any sort of JIT debugger. Therefore, once you install Visual Studio, it automatically installs and runs it's own JIT debugger whenever the computer starts up. As I said, though, it shouldn't interfere in any way. The problem you were having was unrelated to the debugger, it was just giving you the option to try to figure out what the problem was.

AJ

I ended up installing the full suite, visual studio.net pro 2003 and no more problems...the c++ was a leftover disk from school and may not have been compatible with XP.. Someday I will find a local isp that allows linux and probably be crying for help like crazy.
    Thanks for the responses