Thread: Is this a Sobig problem..

Exclamation Is this a Sobig problem..

Hi Guy,

I suspect this may be a Web Security Question.. But then with Virus related questions popping up any where.. why not...

You will note that I am Using a Proxy to connect to AO.. why? It seems to be the only way to connect to any of the jup media sites (www.internet.com, www.virtualdr.com etc)
    While it seems that My browser manages to start the page download.. ie The AO server recognises that I am connected.. and cookies change hands..yep my cookie gets updated.. no page downloads.. this is now the third day.... Is it a problem with my system.. mmmm I now doubt it.. 2 seperate systems at work (win98 and Win2k) on seperate dialups, 5 customers machines 2 on adsl..
    and after realising that the cookies were a happening thing.. I thought cloged router in the mist.. and tried proxies.. bingo.. but slow as.. currently using a US based proxy.. but 5 others didn't do Jack.. have tried Saudi, Korean, and Japaniese with various degrees of success..

so is anyone else having this problem.. or is it the Australian users from my neck of the woods.. oh did I mention that when testing to Jup media sites I did manage to use 3 independent ISP's..

And.. is this problem due to Sobig/blaster/Naichi/whatever activity clogging a Router some where....

AV company sites and many news sites ie slashdot/CNN/Fox/Activewin/3dgamers/zdnet etc no problems (BTW Bytekill is missing so is Unerror)

Did I as my question? dambed.. I am a quivering mess.. AO withdrawl..argh.. gotta read more.. read more.. post more

Cheers..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

No problem in accessing the sites from the UK directly without a proxy, so I suspect you must have some serious problem in Oz. Could possibly be Sobig, as today was one of the dates it was set to move to phase 2 .....

maybe... most of .my pc connected *very* slow, and sometimes can't ping out although to a server in LAN area. also heard that large corp. also suffer this situation.
    maybe will be back to normal a couple of day?
    I can predict anything, except future!

Hmm I suspect that it is a localised problem..

Managed to connect woith out the Proxy earlier today.. (at around 06:15 UTC) but after about an hour had to switch back.. now where is that url for that internet maping tool..
    must be just 1 router/hub that is not used by the route to the proxy or proxy to jup media, but is in direct path when not using the proxy.. ..

any how.. about to do a hdd swap on this box.. will chase those tools later..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Undertaker: It seems like something has changed a little. I logged onto AO this am from the work computer and it asked me to log in..... I had been coming in from my home PC during the weekend and it was just fine. My work PC is NATed but I have a DHCP reservation for it's address and the firewall is addressed to one of my public C Class addresses and is fixed so nothing changed on my end..... I gotta guess it's on JM's end.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides