Encrypted Web Surfing: VPN Proxies

Thread: Encrypted Web Surfing: VPN Proxies

Question Encrypted Web Surfing: VPN Proxies

After spending some time at the Electronic Frontier Foundationand at the ACLU, I had become sufficiently paranoid to be concerned about every site I was visiting being analyzed for threats and showing up in some logfile with lots of red flags. I do tend to visit a lot of political sites and I didn't like the idea of someone being able to pin down my precise political views by reading a logfile. In all liklihood, I've been "flagged" as nothing more than a paranoid web user, but the idea still made me uncomfortable. Therefore, I googled the term "encrypted web surfing", and I began to pull up several of these subscription virtual private network proxy services. Does anyone here use these services regularly, and which service do you recommend?
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Flint, MI
    Unless the government has a reason to watch you, you are just being paranoid. but... I have never used any of them, so I really can't suggest one. I just do all my surfing without a proxy and if the government has aproblem with it, big freaking deal.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman