Thread: cmd.exe

cmd.exe

Hi

Can anyone help.When my win 2000 system boot's i get the cmd.exe window with a small box in front of it,saying error 53.This happens everytime i boot my system.

Are you on a SMS managed business network? I have seen SMS cause DOS windows to pop up during bootup. I don't know why, but I am wanting to say error 53 is a DNS error or a netbios service not running error (this one is more likely) (one of your services might not be running either because of being disabled or corrupted or your security settings might be getting in the way of mapping the drive). If I had to guess, SMS is trying to mount a network share and you aren't running the necessary services.

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

This is only a two system network.PTP.The other system is running win98.The small box that come's up has sex at the top of it.I have run every antivirus program on the system,and it is ok.The win 98 system is ok.

Is your PC set up to map to another server/pc wich is no longer there,,,
    I used to get similiar errors..IF so delete yout map and see what happens..

Does it just say error 53 or is it followed by something else...like "file not found" maybe

do a "find files or folders" for *sex*. also do a reg search for sex.
    when you find a file with this word, open the directory is in and see what else is there alse look in its sub directories.

a list of the services running on your computer...and a netstat might show something. as nebulus200 pointed out this has to do with dns. if "net use" can not find its target you'll get an error 53. not that this is the case but there's a few worms that use net use in batch files to spread
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

howdies,

try these links,maybe will be able to help

http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=100427

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...c.flood.e.html

someone having same problem and info taken from here

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...00/n1057891112
    \"it is better to stay silent and appear stupid then to speak and remove all doubt\"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    *merged with duplicate thread. removed excess post*
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

sounds like A Dialer or spyware trying to use your network without the services

get AdAware or Spybot search and destroy
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Every error 53 that I have seen on NT/W2K have been related to drive mappings that are no longer available or are incorrectly mapped. All you need to do is check around for places where mapping are setup and correct them or remove them. Go into Windows explorer and select Tools > then Map a drive and uncheck "reconnect at startup" on each drive until the error goes away. Trust me, this is your issue.

Other places that mappings are done is in bat files but these can be anywhere. I'd start with windows explorer and then report back to us.

Hope this helps.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Thank's Everyone

I found the problem,my system had a worm and it had been setup as a ftp server.