Trojan trying to connect to my computer from my computer?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trojan trying to connect to my computer from my computer?

Trojan trying to connect to my computer from my computer?

I was just here on my network when my norton popped up saying a trojan atttempted to connect to my compuer. But the IP from the attacker was from my computer.

See atttached picture.
    =

Maybe packet was constructed with your PC's IP as source address..

src and dst are the same (your PC' IP). Routers on Internet ignore the src ddress
    cause routers route based on dst address. When your PC receives the connetion
    it tries to respond, but it does so to itself and probably thats the way the trojan is
    designed to initiate on victims PC..(however luckily Nortan notified you in advance)

I dont know ,,just a guess?????

Thanks for your help.
    =

cheyenne1212

I been getting that same type of hit for a couple of days now

If any of you guys are using cable modem and want to eliminate possibility that someone may have your IP and is doing "maybe" what I sugested earlier, change your NIC card (if possible) and this will force your ISP to change your dynamic IP address...

Wait then and see if it happens again..If it does, then what I suggested is not what's happening, if it doesn't ???? (lets cross that bridge when we get to it..lol)

I'm not on cable though.

I have a DSL Modem connected to my router then my router connected to my pc's
    =

There is a possiblity that it was just a "false positive" your firewall picked up from your outbound traffic. Those can be fairly common.
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

Hmmm,,,yea,,I see what you're saying

Sometimes you can call your ISP though and request they release your
    IP and assign a new one,Tell them that your being hit with spoofed address..

They will usually fullfill your request depending on how convincing you are..

Originally posted here by gunit0072003
    If any of you guys are using cable modem and want to eliminate possibility that someone may have your IP and is doing "maybe" what I sugested earlier, change your NIC card (if possible) and this will force your ISP to change your dynamic IP address...

Changing your NIC won't always force an IP change. Certain cable ISPs do assign your IP address based on the MAC address of your NIC, however not all do this. Hell with some ISPs you can't even change your NIC unless you call them and ask them to update their listing for you.

As for the calling the ISP, he's on DSL which is usually dynamic. All he'd have to do to change his IP is reconnect his router.
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

I have a DSL Modem connected to my router then my router connected to my pc's
    I have the same set up through a USB port