With all these new and vicious Windows vulnerabilities that have been popping up everywhere lately, and finally having the connection to do so, I decided to finally run Windows Update. However, when I get to the WU website from the Start menu link, in each frame one the page, it tells me that I need to be running a Windows compatible OS, or something to that effect. The kicker is that I'm doing this from my XP SP1 partition.

Now, I guess the keyword there is 'partition' because I'm dual-booting with RH 9.0 as well. Now, a while back, I heard horror stories about how XP seriously dislikes dual-boots and some rumors about how Windows Update would destroy any non-Windows partition after the update was downloaded.

Now, my question is this: Is this Windows Update issue I'm seeing due to the fact that I am dual-booting?? Anyone else experience this same problem/issue?? I guess the worst case senario is that I temporarily erase my Linux partition to get the updates, but I'm just curious in general.

Thanks in advance,

alpha