Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remote controled

remote controled

keep being remote controled despite norton2003 firewall and remote assistance box checked off

Banned
    Are there any other programs on your computer that could possably be jepodising your firewalls settings???

do a full virus scan on your pc...

Thats all i can think of trying at the moment...

Nightfalls_Girl

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    keep reading posts like this and can't help

Seriously though, you have to provide more details than that if you even hope to get a response that will help you out.

What OS?
    What is happening?
    When did it start?
    Why do you think you are being remote controlled?
    etc.

-TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

yep, a wheather bug port is alwats open

shutdown by remote message from aol

freeze up to go to websites

virus protect is on

why does my staus show offline in box to the left?

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    keep reading posts like this and can't help

Seriously though, you have to provide more details than that if you even hope to get a response that will help you out.

What OS?
    What is happening?
    When did it start?
    Why do you think you are being remote controlled?
    etc.

-TH13

Have you remembered to pay your ISP?

I remember when Nihil was ickle. Does that mean I'm old?

YOur statsu box says your offline because when you registered with this site you you checked a box that allows other members not to know if your online or not.

Still need a little more info from you.

What OS?

Do you have weather bug installed?
    =

I am probably being very boring.......................download AdAware6 update and run it. Download SpyBot Search & Destroy, update and run it.........get the trial version of BugPatrol (I think that is on the ZoneAlarm site?) and run it.

All I am suggesting is that you level the playing field first?

Good luck!

.....can you please provide more detail on how you're being remotely controlled? What's going on in your comp?

shutdown by remote message from aol
    I'm not sure if I'm reading this right... but do you mean that you are recieving reboot requests?

If so... patch your machine. The RPC DCOM msblaster worm is still in the wild and will cause this if you are not patched. You may also want to update the rules in your firewall to block ports 135 (RPC) along with any others like 137, 139, yada yada yada. Disallow everything and then allow only when you know it is safe.

If you mean you keep getting disconnected from AOhell... welcome to the club. I had AOhell for a total of 2 weeks. I could never stay online. They gave me AOhell for free for one year when I purchased a new pc... I killed the service less than two weeks later and paid for a better service.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

phishphreak you lasted 2 weeks oO
    while waiting to get broadband modem delivered and line set up for adsl i decided to get a cheap 56k internal and one fo those free 100hrs CDS (or whatever many hrs it was) from AOL - lasted 1 day - lol got completly fed up and moved to a pay per-minute ISP until broadband was ready.....cost me £50 in phone charges but was better than leaving AOL trying to dial-up for 45mins just to get online

v_Ln