Thread: Misconfigured settings

Misconfigured settings

Hi everyone,

I have ran into quite anoying problem. I was setting policies for users using the inbuilt Administrative templates in the Group policy snap in, in Windows XP. I made a setting (which i forgot ) and now i cannot close the opened windows from explorer and internet explorer.
    On closing it gives an error that "The operation has been cancel....blah..blah". I tried seraching through the registry and tried to find and correct the plicy but i could not.
    Plase help

start--run--gpedit.msc

Then click on Administrative Templates.

The only way to really find out which one you enabled is to go through every single option, and make surer they are all disabled. At least as far as I know.

[edit]

I believe what your looking for will be under user configuration-->Desktop-->Active Desktop--> then theres options in the left window pane that allow you to prohibit closing items.
    [edit]
    =

cant u work on system restore????

well though not a godd idea but may help
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Yeah system restore would probably work, but depending on when He last updated it, it might erase some new files.
    =

Hey i am looking for a practical solution. One things for sure the settings are stored in the registry. I was able to correct the problem by deselecting each option in the gpedit.msc.