Thread: i am going to write a tutorial on footprinting what would you like to hear

Thumbs up i am going to write a tutorial on footprinting what would you like to hear

i am going to write a tutorial on footprinting what would you like to hear?? what topics? and subjects? please list them and i will make sure i will cover them

thanks

mmm... a diffucult quesion... I say just write it essay style intro-facts-conclusion and get as much in as possible
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/c0bra.jpg
    click here to hack my computer and delete all my important files

In case anyone out there doesn't know what footprinting is to even answer the question at hand, it is basically gathering as much information about a target (normally a large organization, companies whatnot) as possible to *cough* learn. In using this technique, your general aim is to save yourself work...

Anyway, what I would recommend is using a good couple/few examples, and go through some already existing tutorials/faws and see what YOU think they left out and be sure to incorporate it in your tutorial (whether it's simply being outdated, leaving out key info, etc...)

Also try to give & link to as many current tools that you don't see going out of date anytime soon. (like nmap or samspade)...gl...hope to read it soon ;o)

Star****ers|Inc

yes this should be an interesting tutorial just bear in mind the purpose of this website
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/c0bra.jpg
    click here to hack my computer and delete all my important files

Yes , should be interesting.. Make sure that you include the information you can gather from google.. And make sure at the end you include methods to keep such information from crackers.. ie. Turning off finger daemons , uneeded services etc..
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

i would like your tutorial includes these things :

- Definition and brief history of footprinting

- The step by step planning and action that should taken

- Evalution about the action had done

- coverage footprinting in windows and linux

thats my opinion...Thanks

i will be sure to cover them, any thing else you would like to hear about.

what tools should i cover??