Deleted IE, but i want it back!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted IE, but i want it back!

Deleted IE, but i want it back!

Hey guys, i deleted all of the shortcuts to IE on my computer and i basically did everything i could think of to "disable" IE. Anyways, i want to get IE back again, so where can i go to download IE6?
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

i give up...i installed what you gave me cheyenne1212 but there are no shortcuts or whatever to get to the IE browser. Then i decided to remove the program and re install it. now when i try to re install it it says that "a new version already exists on my computer". If there is a new version then how do i access it?

lol

Go to search for a file any type in Internet Explorer, or interenet.

If it finds it double click on it and see if it opens it up. If it does right click on it and select create a shortcut.

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll try something else.
    =

Do you have win2k or XP with the latest and greatest service packs?

If so...

Control panel, ad-remove programs, set program access and defaults... check off IE.

Or... if it doens't come back then... ad-remove programs, ad-remove windows components. Put a check next to IE and it will create shorcuts for you...

or..

start, find, iexplor*

when it comes up, right click on it and create shortcut to desktop... then edit your start menu...

right click on start, explore all users... under start menu, put it where you want it.

Mine was located in
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

lol, alright i searched my C:\ directory and i found it lol i feel kinda stupid that i didnt think of that Thanks anyways

Also i dont know about earlier versions of windows but in 2K/XP if you accidentally delete a shortcut like "my computer" or "my documents" etc.... you can right click on the desktop then click on the Desktop Tab then click at the bottom of that window where it says Customize Desktop. There you can add or remove all the "default" icons you want.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but this may be of interest to those on 56.6 and slow/unstable links.

In the UK virtually every computer magazine has CDs on the front...........you can usually get the latest IE and Netscape versions/updates/patches from them. I guess that this might be true in other countries?

I can tell you that an IE download in England would cost the same as the magazine if you are on pay as you go!

cheers

Ok, this is going to be COMPLETELY offtopic... but anyway...

nihil: Are you aware that you have site PMs turned off as well as email disabled?
    If you question an AP or someone wants to just send you a friendly hello... you make that just about impossible. Is that on purpose?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

muahahaha....thats fun ,isn't it?

sry for that spam post...but its to good,
    plz move to fun section !!!
    Industry Kills Music.