Thread: Heads Up**Todays Cat2's frm Symantec

Exclamation Heads Up**Todays Cat2's frm Symantec

Hi Guy's,

Please let me know if this is a preferable format..

Two Cat 2 level Warnings have been listed to 11:40 UTC on the Security Response page of Symantec's

These I felt like giving this thread the title of .. "same old same old mass mailers.." so you know the drill..

First

W32.Hopalong@mm

W32.Hopalong@mm is a mass-mailing worm that sends itself to any addresses in the Microsoft Outlook Address Book. The email has the following characteristics:

Subject: Look At This!!!
    Attachments: hop_along.exe

Type: Worm
    Infection Length: 21,520

Systems Affected: Windows 95, Windows 98
    Systems Not Affected: Linux, Macintosh, Microsoft IIS, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 2000, Windows 3.x, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows XP
    Second

W32.Zush@mm

W32.Zush@mm is a mass-mailing worm that sends itself to all the addresses in the Microsoft Outlook Address Book.

Type: Worm
    Infection Length: 9,408

Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows XP
    Systems Not Affected: Linux, Macintosh, Microsoft IIS, OS/2, UNIX, Windows 3.x

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Well IMO 1 thread is always better than two Looks good and thanks for the info.

a better initiation ... but i think if JM helps we can get some better solution....like where it shows "You Have Got New AP since Your last visit" we can have another like...new heads ups...for that we need to create another board...for Heads Ups....
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;