Thread: Making accents with a PC

Making accents with a PC

This is a very simple tutorial that i would have loved to see when i was in Spanish 1 and French 1 trying to put accents on all of my e's and i's and other letters. Many people believe that accents can only be done on macs, or if you use a PC, you have to go to the symbols area of your word processor and insert one that way. However, by using the ALT key and your keypad, you can make many different types of accents. I tried do use the number keys right above the letter keys on my keyboard, and they didnt work, so make sure you type in all of the number using the keypad on your keyboard while holding down the ALT key. Here are a bunch of different combos:

Code:
    ALT+133 = *                  ALT+0192 = À
    ALT+160 = á                  ALT+0193 = Á
    ALT+131 = â                  ALT+0194 = Â
    ALT+132 = ä                  ALT+0196 = Ä
    ALT+135 = ç                  ALT+0199 = Ç
    ALT+130 = é                  ALT+0201 = É
    ALT+138 = è                  ALT+0200 = È
    ALT+136 = ê                  ALT+0202 = Ê
    ALT+137 = ë                  ALT+0203 = Ë
    ALT+139 = ï                   ALT+0207 = Ï
    ALT+140 = î                   ALT+0206 = Î
    ALT+141 = ì                   ALT+0204 = Ì
    ALT+161 = *                   ALT+0205 = Í
    ALT+149 = ò                  ALT+0210 = Ò
    ALT+162 = ó                  ALT+0211 = Ó
    ALT+147 = ô                  ALT+0212 = Ô
    ALT+148 = ö                  ALT+0214 = Ö
    ALT+151 = ù                  ALT+0217 = Ù
    ALT+163 = ú                  ALT+0218 = Ú
    ALT+150 = û                  ALT+0219 = Û
    ALT+129 = ü                  ALT+0220 = Ü
    ALT+0134 = *

you can find stuff like this while searching google.com, but whenever i search google for stuff i like this half of the time it doesnt work. I have tested a lot of these and they all seem to work. Anyways thanks for reading and good luck in your spanish/french/italian/other language classes!

EDIT: there are suppose to be spaces in between the combos, but even though i have put them it, they are all glued together. Instead of spaces, i currently have "*********". Think of "*********" as a bunch of spaces for now can someone tell me how i can fix that problem?
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Banned
    Start -> Accessories->System Tools ->Character Map ...

good tutorial though ...

To fix the spacing problem simply use [code]
    Code:
    ALT+162 = ó             ALT+0211 = Ó 
    ALT+147 = ô             ALT+0212 = Ô 
    ALT+148 = ö             ALT+0214 = Ö 
    ALT+151 = ù             ALT+0217 = Ù 
    ALT+163 = ú             ALT+0218 = Ú

Sorry but this is not a good tutorial in my opinion. There are character maps and you can google ascii letters. I am not going to bad mouth anyone. I will say though that this is hardly a tutorial in my humble opinion.

ok it may not be a tutorial but it is a handy resource IMHO

v_Ln

Home / Forums / Newbie Help / The Tutorials Forum /
    People were making tutorials about security stuff back when I joined. I have been reading this site and they are no longer tutorials everyone seems to put something together to try to get some of these amtipoints. If we all changed our way of thinking and tried to help people instead of posting just to increase post count or get better status then we may get somewhere. But hey I am jus drunk, you know Laboir Day Weekend so I mat feel that I come here to read a lot but lately it is wasting my time. Only my opinion but times are changing...

yup we can all agree that things are changing - heh I've been here since before the ap system was introduced so have seen alot of the changes and alot of the scandles - but it does not take away from the fact that yes strictly speaking this may not be a tutorial but it does provide valuable information that may prove usefull to someone - and to be that is a valid contribution.....which forum would you have placed it in? It aint a question so that rules out newbie questions & it aint humour - nothing to do with virii or microsfot security - i could go on and on and on - but personnaly i think is in correct forum - also if someone is going to search the site for info they are gonna search the tut forum not GCC - but hey once again thats just MHO

v_Ln

edit -> also gamer maybe you should try writing a tut before having a go at someone else?

i dont mean to start a war here, but if people can post tutorials on "Burning DVD to a CD-R.", then i think that making accents on a PC should also be considered a valid tutorial. Burning DVD to a CD-R doesnt have to do with security, but then, in the tutorial forum, they said "Original tutorials written about a variety of subjects." This means that the tutorials arent all relating to computer security. I dont want to start a flame war here, but i would like you guys to understand my reasonning behind why i posted this information under the "tutorial" section of AO. Also, character maps get a little confusing and it is hard to find the right character. I thought that this would make life easier for everyone...
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Point well taken. I see where you are coming from.

Banned
    Information is information even if it is just something as simple as this.