Thread: index.html autorun

index.html autorun

Im making a cd and i need the index.html to aut run when they put there cd in. Will the cd recognize index.html and run it automatically or do i have to do something special to it? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hacker dan

Couple things come on, Who in the hell doesn't know that you are going to trying to make a bootablt Virus. Oh come on. I am sorry you could also be trying to install some other type of BS program.

Check Google and go away.

Now I think maybe I will give you a hint learn how to Batch Program. Or better yet learn to use DOS.

*Jizz Mumbles Damn Script Kiddies

The documentation for Version 5.0 of the Windows shell (Windows 2000) shows that this is now possible directly in an autorun.inf file via the shellexecute command. If your cd is intended only for users of Windows 2000, you can simply use the following format in your autorun.inf file:
    shellexecute=mypage.html
    taken from: http://www.ashzfall.com/products/aut...owsercall.html

some specs from microsoft:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...oplay_cmds.asp

Ohh that hurts. It is a cd for my kid. Bunch of pictures on the cd andi put them into an index.html and i want it to run when the cd is put in. People jump to conclusions to fast.
    Hacker dan

Well I hope my answer was of some sort of help.

And for whizzkid
    Who in the hell doesn't know that you are going to trying to make a bootablt Virus.
    Why would you go to the trouble of creating an html file to autorun a virus. If you want to use the autorun function to autorun a virus you could just point it to the virus's .exe can't you.
    Further
    Now I think maybe I will give you a hint learn how to Batch Program. Or better yet learn to use DOS.
    I dont really see the relevance of this solution, care to explain ?

open notepad and type
    open=index.html
    save the file as autorun.inf

That should fix it for you.

btw: make sure you put the file on the cd also.
    The way autorun works, is if you have the autorun feature enabled on your PC, then windows looks for a file called autorun.inf. It then sees whats inside and therefor knows what to execute.

you cold create a autrun file and have it execute a bunch of things.

open=file1.exe
    open=file2.exe
    open=file3.exe
    and so on.
    =

Ok I am actually saying that I was wrong.

People please stop PMing telling me I was an ass.

I understand.

Take it like this most of the people that come to this site asking questions similar to that ask it becasue they have Mallicious intent.

I am making a formal Apology.
    hackerdan1 I am sorry I jumped to a conclusion. That was in shown in the post and previous posts with that said. I am sorry.

Now since this has been answered I will go into my corner and cry now.

/me goes into his corner and crys I didn't know.

LOL

Jizz

open=index.html
    save the file as autorun.inf
    After reading the specifications of the autorun.inf I seriously doubt this will work.
    The autorun.inf's open command is limited to a couple of file extensions and .html (or .htm) is not included.
    I did find another solution however:

I use the following so no additional executables are needed:
    [autorun]
    open=rundll32.exe url.dll,FileProtocolHandler index.htm
    taken from: http://news.devx.com/cgi-bin/dnewswe...tem=1662&utag=