be warned this site has spyware

Thread: be warned this site has spyware

Banned

be warned this site has spyware

This site has spyware.

The spyware: Avenue A. inc.
    Share on Google+

This site also has a bunch of idiots who make stupid posts. We dont kill them so we have to be fair right?
    Share on Google+

Banned
    hmm....GORE!
    Why would a security site have spyware.
    Got an answer for that slick?
    Share on Google+

Well, hillbilly8sh*t, if there is spywere, how did you find it and nobody else has? If you did find it were is it in our O.S's. This has been a pretty good site and I've had no problems. I've run anti-spy were progrems before with no problems. Speak or be soundly flammed.

Freddy ( my claws are out)
    cybnut
    Share on Google+

Everytime i come to this site my spybot search and destroy pops a message up and says it blocked Avenue A spyware, same with hotmail.
    Share on Google+

let me ask you bp...do you get it on the main page or in the threads. my guess is its an identifing cookie...which is spyware. i dont allow activeX so i could be wrong and there has been a third java script added. Some members ive told about 3rd party cookies being passed by the banners they use as signitures but ive seen nothing from this site resembling spyware.

this is a serious acusation so please give more details
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”
    Share on Google+

It would be nice to hear some details before someone makes acusations. Prove it hillbillyh8ter. By the way, did I spell your name right the 1st time? Post your information bongpilot or have you been smoking some bad grass?

Freddy's
    cybnut
    Share on Google+

hmmmm.. most interesting.. seems a lot of sites have this "spyware"

look at this thread http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/in...7&hl=avenue+a&

freeatlast's (@TeamSpybotS&D's) quotes

Notice
    Avenue A, Inc. no longer tracks cookies set under the avenuea.com domain. While you may still see this cookie in your browser's cache, it is not being tracked. If you're using MS Internet Explorer, you may permanently delete this cookie by following these instructions.

and

Thank you for your interest in Avenue A, Inc. Please note that we have changed our name to aQuantive, Inc. aQuantive is the parent company of one of the industry's most successful families of digital marketing companies - Avenue A, i-FRONTIER, and Atlas DMT.
    www.avenueainc.com/privacy/opting.asp

You will automatically be redirected within 30 seconds to our new site, www.aQuantive.com. If you are not, please click here.
    found that thread from here
    http://forums.techguy.org/showthread...994#post818994
    Share on Google+

i looked threw my cookies and nada!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”
    Share on Google+

I can tell you for certain that this site has no spyware. It does utilize cookies, which may be detected as spyware. And if it did have spyware, it would have been brought to our attention long before now (right folks?)
    Share on Google+