LAN File Transfer Problem

Thread: LAN File Transfer Problem

LAN File Transfer Problem

Hi all,

I have a LAN with a speed of 100.0 Mbps, I'm using Windows XP...

The problem is that, I need to transfer some files form my PC to another on the LAN, but it takes too much time (It takes about 15 minutes to transfer 23 MBs)... I thought there was something wrong with my netowrk card, so I borrowed another one, but the problem still holds...

I think this has something to do with the security settings of Windows XP, but I'm new to it...

Can anyone help me, I'll be very thankful.
    Confusion, will be my epitaph...
    King Crimson - Epitaph

Do you have any electronic equipment right next to the cabling. Such as Cell Phones, motors, anything that might interfere witht the line. I know you might not believe it but stuff like that can slow a network down. Also, are you using cat 5 cable or using something different.?

I can't really think of a security setting in XP other than maybe disabling QOS(quality of Service) Packet Scheduler. To do that go into network connections then right click on your lan connection. Select the networking tab and where it says this connection uses the following items, uncheck the QOS packet schedule.

Thats all I can think of right now.
    =

Did you make the cables? You may want to double check the pins. If they are store bought, maybe try a LAN cable tester just in case.
    I really can't think of anything that would cause that either.....maybe after coffee....
    I hate this place, nothing works here, I\'ve been here for 7 years, the medication does\'nt work...

Thank you guys very much,

The QoS was disabled so I enabled it.
    And the cable was soemhow damaged (I use CAT 5) all I had to do is replace it and waht do you know, things became much faster.
    King Crimson - Epitaph

A simple thing like that will cause big problems.
    =

Thumbs up

You are so right...
    King Crimson - Epitaph