Request... yahoo games proxy problem

Thread: Request... yahoo games proxy problem

Request... yahoo games proxy problem

Hi
    im not sure if this is the right place for that request.. but i didnt find some accurate place to do that. Well im sure many people have this problem or will have it in the future.
    There is another thread in here that i started, but i couldnt solve that problem.
    Look here: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=247752

Im stuck behind a proxy and yahoo games (which many peoople use) blockes proxies off from their games.
    Yahoo uses Java as platform for nearly all their games and they mostly (or all) connect to port 11999.
    Now , as a WindowsXP user, i have that problem to connect to that port through a proxy.
    I know some proxies are secure and well-configured, but i hope someone knows about any way to avoid proxies, which are not too well-configured.
    Thx

@ Admin

Oh please... come on, this proxy tunneling issue is VERY security related, please move it somewhere else.. so at least someone with knowlegde about this can read it... even if that someone tells me that no one will ever be able to solve the problem...

I know some proxies are secure and well-configured, but i hope someone knows about any way to avoid proxies, which are not too well-configured.
    Thx
    Don't use proxies.
    =

Oooops... did i write avoid...i mean bypass 8)

I didnt set the proxy, its due to the lovesan/ blaster.worm that i and many others have to connect through a proxy until... someone with ambitions has the wish to change.
    But it doesnt look like that some server admin is going to do sth here in poor germany

From what I understand from your connection, your behind a proxy, and you cannot play some yahoo games since they do not allow proxy connections. So you want a way to stay away from proxies that does this to you, or your trying to find a way to allow a connection on your proxy throught that port.

If the first part of my guess is correct (your trying to avoid proxies like that) I don't think you really can since most proxies only allow certain ports through.

Now if your trying to get port 11999 to use a port allowed by your proxy, then use the Fpipe utility as suggested by thehorse in your last thread. This utility allows you to open a connection to port 11999 through a port allowed by your proxy.
    http://www.foundstone.com/resources/...e=fpipe2_1.zip

Now if thats not what you were wanting then let me know.
    =