Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extreme Gaming Laptop

Extreme Gaming Laptop

I was looking at a few laptops and I love the eye candy aspect of the Alienware & VoodooPC's. However, I like the price and functionality of the Dell's. Is there a reliable company out there that has poweful PC's a little under $2000.00 that look like an Alienware or VooDoo?

Info Tech Geek try the following link
    http://www.powernotebooks.com

One of the guys posted this site on a previous thread. The laptops there look pretty loaded and might just be what you are looking for.

Good luck and I hope that helps.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

These are great, but I was looking for custom extreme systems. i.e. colored cases etc,

I think, Im not sure but I think I have seen the Alienware Style Laptop chassis with almost all of the same features in the Tiger DIrect Catalog for about 1800 bucks not much less, but it is 200 bucks you wouldn't have to spend. As for the Color the only ones I saw were that weird "Electric Green" and some dark navy color like typical laptops you would find in Best Buy or something. BTW have you seen those new Sentia Laptops Alienware is offering? They look pretty schweet but I dont think i could see myself whipping one of those big bastards out in class Blinding pple with all those bright ass colors. lol

Also I have a question I need answering if any of you know. I have been looking for a SMALL laptop like the Tiny Sony Vaios. The catch is i need one that will has wireless and fully compatible with Linux (i use slack and Suse)
    I dont know if this will be a problem or not, b/c i have not had much experience with wireless. (or laptops) I have asked people in the stores about them and of course they dont have a clue. Any help would be appreciated. BTW a centrino would be a plus (b/c of longer battery life) but again i dont know how compatible that is with linux.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=517

the Open Source model doesn\'t offer any great benefit in
    terms of reliability and security. -Bill Gates

Info Tech Geek the only other option I know off is a dell inspiron with a snap on cover. That's what I did with mine to make it look a little different. It's nothing like a custom color laptop but it looks sweet.

I will look around to see if I see any that are in your price range.

Guidance..
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

I'm not sure if these guys sell laptops, but if you want desktop PCs or LanBoxes (those small mofos....), this is [iu]THE[/u] place to check out:

Have fun.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

wait, if you are want to be a hardcore gamer, i dont think you should get a laptop. Laptops are good if you need to take it to class to do work, but if all you want to do is play video games, i would suggest getting a desktop. I bought my computer (dual xeon 2.0 gig, 120 hdd, 1 gig ram, geforce 4 ti4600, sound blaster audigy 2, and a 22'' viewsonic monitor from www.tigerdirect.com. I play counter-strike a ton and warcraft 3 and the graphics are amazing. basically, i would get a desktop if you want to play games all the time. Also, if you are a hardcore gamer, the case color should not matter. Anyways, hope this helped, my comp costs 3000 bucks in total, but it is now 1 year old, so you can get something much faster for about that much cash. Good luck!
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

while not colorized or anything such as that, the following company has some sweet laptops for not so bad prices.

http://www.sagernotebook.com

hope that helps!

Originally posted here by White_Eskimo
    wait, if you are want to be a hardcore gamer, i dont think you should get a laptop. Laptops are good if you need to take it to class to do work, but if all you want to do is play video games, i would suggest getting a desktop. I bought my computer (dual xeon 2.0 gig, 120 hdd, 1 gig ram, geforce 4 ti4600, sound blaster audigy 2, and a 22'' viewsonic monitor from www.tigerdirect.com. I play counter-strike a ton and warcraft 3 and the graphics are amazing. basically, i would get a desktop if you want to play games all the time. Also, if you are a hardcore gamer, the case color should not matter. Anyways, hope this helped, my comp costs 3000 bucks in total, but it is now 1 year old, so you can get something much faster for about that much cash. Good luck!

Whatever you do, don't buy from Tiger Direct. They are a very shady company, and I know because I worked for them. They have a very bad reputation, just take a look at the better business bureau's website. In anycase, they shipped damaged stuff, don't provide warranty or support for the stuff they sell, that's why they sell so cheap. If you buy from them, your rolling the dice. Just wanted to give you the heads up.

--PuRe
    Like this post? Visit PuRe\'s Information Technology Community. We\'ve also got some kick ass Technology Forums. Shop for books and dvds on LiveWebShop.com