Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kazaa lite hidden files folder...you might want to check it out

Kazaa lite hidden files folder...you might want to check it out

did you know that kazaa lite is sharing a folder in your windows directory called wTemp32? inside is has many programs that are hidden which in my case total to 62MB. It has cracks, Spybot S&D, winXP stuff and all kinds of other ****. This folder is shared by default on kazaa.
    \"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.\" (Sign hanging in Einstein\'s office at Princeton)

Don`t share !

I use kazaa lite and I don't have that folder on my system. (I don't share anything)
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

well all those files that were being shared in that folder "85" of them....I never downloaded any of them. I dont know how they got there...make sure you dont have that folder in your comp
    \"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.\" (Sign hanging in Einstein\'s office at Princeton)

I have used Kazaa Lite for a long time, but never heard of such thing before. I search my drive for wTemp32 folder, but return no result. I think your system may be infected with a virus and those hidden programs and files are viruses. Try this website: http://housecall.antivirus.com for a online virus scan. Stop using kazaa lite now to prevent the virus from spreading.

like Falcon said.yr system might be infected with a virus

This worm propagates via the Kazaa and the iMesh peer-to-peer file sharing networks. This worm cannot propagate on systems that do not have these file sharing applications installed.

Upon execution, this worm drops a copy of itself in the Windows system folder as the file MS_32.EXE. It then creates a folder named "wtemp32" in the Windows folder and drops copies of itself in the newly created folder using different file names.

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/viru...=WORM_SDDROP.A
    \"it is better to stay silent and appear stupid then to speak and remove all doubt\"

Where did you get your copy of Kazaa Lite, is it possible you got a "trojaned" version that has been re-engineered to spread Warz & cracks? You might want to delete and re-install from the official Kazaa Lite web site which I believe is www.kazaalite.tk

Cheers:
    DjM

http://doa2.host.sk/

well there seems to be some problems with the page loading...but it`s where i got mine along with the bs player and codec pack.

also W32/Sddrop-B virus,gives ya a list of crud it installs etc

http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...32sddropb.html

To: bongpilot

As much as I understand you're concerns over security in using file sharing networks such as kazaa, I do not believe that not sharing is a good solution. Not sharing you're files defeats the purpose of a file sharing network. Not sharing files out of fear of virus infection or other security issues is exactly what the RIAA wants. They hope that you will be so afraid of getting a virus that you won't exercise you're rights and hense make their hopeless court battles unnecessary. Also, using a file sharing network such as kazaa to download files and not reciprocating by contributing files on your own computer to the network is selfish and entirely opposed to the spirit in which file sharing networks were created and operate.
    If you are really worried about it, I would recomend just not downloading excecutables or files that contain scripting elements. This alleviates the vast majority of problems.